F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m trading in my SS Camaro (6.2) 2017 for a 2010 5.4L Raptor. Ive always wanted a Raptor ever since, i just dont know if i should wait(add more miles to my Camaro and value goes down) and see if another Raptor comes around but i feel like this one is going for a good price (20k) the raptor has 150k miles. Idk if i should just do it and enjoy the Raptor lol. Or wait. I really want a 6.2L but nowhere to be found for sale in my area. Are 5.4L good ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love my 5.4 I got mine with 92k for around $23k but with 150k miles the 5.4 are at the point where they start having motor problems I’d wait for a 6.2 or a 5.4 with lower miles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So I’m trading in my SS Camaro (6.2) 2017 for a 2010 5.4L Raptor. Ive always wanted a Raptor ever since, i just dont know if i should wait(add more miles to my Camaro and value goes down) and see if another Raptor comes around but i feel like this one is going for a good price (20k) the raptor has 150k miles. Idk if i should just do it and enjoy the Raptor lol. Or wait. I really want a 6.2L but nowhere to be found for sale in my area. Are 5.4L good ?
Get the 3.5 ho twin turbo love mine 450 hp does all I could ask of it in a truck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I have a 2010 6.2 and absolutely love it!!! Haven't driven a 5.4 so don't know comparison. I do know that my 6.2 will get up and go. Has tons of power . I put airbags on the back and it hauls awesome. I pull a loaded trailer of atvs and I pull a tritoon with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've owned my 5.4 since Nov 2009, 102k miles. I wouldn't think of getting rid of it.
I've had to fix the sunroof, replace the 4X4 actuator, one set of tires. That is it.
I've towed 4 ton with it , probably shouldn't have, but, no problems from Texas to Virginia. More power would be nice, this coming from owning many sports cars. BTW, it gets light in the front at 115 mph.
You will love the Raptor, but, will miss the Camaro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts