F-150 Raptor Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
When I can dedicate some time, I wouldn't mind figuring this out as well. It's crazy a vehicle in this price range doesn't have an air filter (particularly since they were designed for off road). My wife's last few cars (VW, Subaru) have all had them and they were half the cost.

To me what's even more amazing was they had a design for the F150 line that surely wasn't that expensive to continue to add to the trucks and for some reason decided to stop installing them. It's not like they needed to drag a bunch of engineers in to design something from scratch.

For our family allergy season in VA is the biggest reason to try and add a cabin air filter. Once spring is past every window on this beast is open when I'm driving; unless it's raining.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have to say this truck is a bargin,go build one cheaper if you can maybe a vw or Subaru .
Sorry but it just gets me when I see these things.if every little extra thing everyone wants was added this truck would be 100gs and they would be even more limited.i do believe this truck would still fetch 80-100 if ford hadn't put the effort forth to sell it to us masses at a price I can just afford. Trust me I would love a glove box light,hood light,air filter,blow job machine,but hell a fx4 is 45 and a raptor is twice the truck.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Ha Ha, Blood, "blow job machine", I've been laughing for 2 minutes straight about that one, lmfao

·
Registered
361 Posts
Didn't want to be to big of an ass about it,so I added a little fantasy option.
Easy bud your the one who complained about the price.I'll add my nickel and dimes as well.mean no harm just venting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cabin filter installation parts

I have these brackets that you are all talking about here. I got them for my 2005 but unfortunately.....they didnt fit. I learned there was a 'cutoff' sometime in 2004. They are brand new in the packages. Jemco at localnet dot com if you have any specific questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the original Ford install brackets that you are all referring to here. Brand new in the packages. Jemco at localnet dot com if you have any specific questions. There was a 'cutoff point' sometime in 2004.....so they didnt fit my 2005 truck. ( Close....but no cigar).

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have to say this truck is a bargin,go build one cheaper if you can maybe a vw or Subaru .
Sorry but it just gets me when I see these things.if every little extra thing everyone wants was added this truck would be 100gs and they would be even more limited.i do believe this truck would still fetch 80-100 if ford hadn't put the effort forth to sell it to us masses at a price I can just afford. Trust me I would love a glove box light,hood light,air filter,blow job machine,but hell a fx4 is 45 and a raptor is twice the truck.
Blood,
As I say to wiz I will say to you

You never cease to amaze me!!!!!!!!!!!
Rep. point's for that Dog !:smileup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cabin air filter installation parts

Humvee21, no problem whatsoever on the misunderstanding, just clarifying. Also NavyWolf, thanks for the details. As mentioned, may be a pain but when I get time down the road, would like to try something like that. In the past couple days it's surprising what comes in. For example, with the windows up I could smell the cigar a guy was smoking in the car in front of me. Took me a minute to figure that one out.
I have these install brackets you need to convert to a filtered system. They are brand new in the packages. Jemco at localnet dot com if you need any other info.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts