F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with their check engine light coming on after installing a CAI?

About a week after I installed mine the light came on. It took me a few weeks to get the code read because I borrowed a couple readers from friends...and both were too outdated to read it. The code is P0150, which translates to http://www.obd-codes.com/p0150.

The light will be on for 3 or 4 days and then go off for a week or so. It had never been on before, so it seems awfully coincidental that it started after my cold-air addition. The link above says it could be running "rich or lean" and I'm wondering if the increased air is causing this. But then why would only 1 sensor code out? And maybe its just my luck that a is going bad...I am going to check the connection this afternoon.

Any help/insight anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Check your connections. Make sure all the piping and the MAS fits flush. If it isn't, not only will the check engine light go on but the engine may refuse to start.

Don't ask me how I know that! :shakehead:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your connections. Make sure all the piping and the MAS fits flush. If it isn't, not only will the check engine light go on but the engine may refuse to start.

Don't ask me how I know that! :shakehead:

Fair enough...I won't ask. Thanks, I will check the connections. The intake pipe and mass-flow sensor seemed to all fit-up pretty well during installation. I'll give them a once-over while I'm at it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: I took my truck to Ford on Friday. And it was a bad O2 sensor. They replaced it for free since the emissions warranty hasn't expired. Back to normal and at no cost to me....I like it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts