F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 5.4 covers dont say anything. They're just blue. However, they do have a texture coating on them that feels sort of like bedliner material, just a little more coarse. But, it does dress up the underhood area. I've put about 150 miles on the truck since all the add ons. And it is amazing. At 70 mph, with cruise set;on level ground I get approx 17 mpg. That is with calculation. Not going by the display on the dash. However, it is hard to keep from marrying my foot to the floorboard all the time.
I recommend the cam swap to everyone. It is exactly what the 5.4 needs to give it some potency.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
How much was the decal if you don't mind me asking? Also not sure if it's the pic but does the decal narrow on the front of the hood? I would like to get the same thing but have the sticker go closer to the body lines of the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The decal was right at $500. The decal does not narrow. It stays the same from the back of the hood to the front. I think it looks that way because I'm short, and I didnt have anything to stand on to take a better picture. The sticker rides the body line of the hood where the vents are. It does not go to the edge where the hood and fender meet. Lots of thumbs up on this. The dealership where I purchased the truck, thought somehow I was able to purchase the SEMA truck. I got a good chuckle out of that.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had the chance to beat on, I mean drive firstfords truck. The cams really wake the 5.4 up. I was impressed.....Plus the idle is just so cool. It almost surges!!!! I got back into my truck and thought, "what a PIG I have". Can't wait for you to get the headers and tuner installed.
Great Mods.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
The decal was right at $500. The decal does not narrow. It stays the same from the back of the hood to the front. I think it looks that way because I'm short, and I didnt have anything to stand on to take a better picture. The sticker rides the body line of the hood where the vents are. It does not go to the edge where the hood and fender meet. Lots of thumbs up on this. The dealership where I purchased the truck, thought somehow I was able to purchase the SEMA truck. I got a good chuckle out of that.
Cool! I'll add that to my list.:smileup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts