F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a code indicating that my camshaft position sensor is bad on (CID) B Circuit (Bank 1). Does anyone know where the sensor is located on a 6.2L Raptor engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guardrail - Thank you very much for your reply. I found those sensors during my first search under the hood, but some websites identified them as Crankshaft Sensors. For some reason, the Camshaft Sensors and the Crankshaft Sensors seem to be identified interchangeably. (If you google "camshaft position sensor,” you’ll see what I mean.) The .pdf attachment you sent me may also be swapping those terms. The fist part of the attachment diagram shows the Camshaft sensors and the associated parts. The chart in the center of the attachment identifies each Camshaft Sensor part in detail. However, at the bottom, the written description of the replacement process refers to replacement of the CRANKSHAFT position sensor. Is it possible that the Crankshaft replacement description is a part of a diagram on the next page of your manual?

Once again, I really appreciate your response. And I am holding out hope that the sensors in your diagram are not the ones I have to replace. They are way down the back of the block and against the firewall. Ugh!

JC!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah, the bottom of the page is the beginning of the crankshaft sensor page. I attached a couple of pages so you can see the context.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the bottom of the page is the beginning of the crankshaft sensor page. I attached a couple of pages so you can see the context.
Hah! I thought that might be the case. That is an awesome manual you have. Thanks again!
Would you happen to know which of the two is B circuit (Bank 1)?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just unplug one of the sensors and see what error code comes up on the scanner. That will tell you for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts