F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very strange issue or may be SYNC3 software bug...when switching into 4X4 LOW , the front camera view would come up! It suppose to be like that by design and is described in the manual. Its a really cool feature....however as you driving in 4X4 LOW, at some point you want to use your touch screen to use radio, or navigation or climate control....and that's when the problem comes...you can't ....you need to turn off your camera in order to access touch screen. You can't turn ( at least the normal way) front camera off as long as you are in 4X4 LOW ! The only thing you can do is to change camera views by hitting the camera button!

I am new to Raptor and to Sync3 so I might be doing something wrong, but the only crazy way I figure out to turn off the camera is to:

Assuming you are still in 4x4 LOW
1. Put gear into park and shut off the engine
2. Start the engine
3. Switch gears back and force couple times from park to drive to reverse and back to drive to park until camera is off

Anyone knows an easier method to turn off the front camera while in 4X4 LOW ?

Does anyone has the same issue?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Press the camera button ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response!

Pressing camera button just changing camera angle but not turning it off!
What makes it so annoying is the fact that you are completely locked out of touch screen interface. So you can't really use any climate control or media features.
To make it a bit clear you can still use manual climate controls but you can't see what these controls do since all you see the front view of the camera. Same thing with media control ...you can turn the radio on but you can't change channels on the radio because touch screen control is blocked by camera view.

So all of the functions that being controlled by SYNC3 are inaccessible. I called Ford but they couldn't help and ask to take a car to the dealer.

Very curious if anyone else has this issue..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah I’d like to know how to turn the camera off as well. When your out in the desert at night and it comes on it does so at full brightness and ya get instant night blindness. I had to take my shirt off and cover the screen that first night.
I’m def going to be seeing what can be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts