F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gen 2 Ford Raptor
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve read numerous threads and forums on how to stop the CEL from tripping due to likely vacuum pressure. I have an AFE magnum force cold air intake and recently purchased a “vent tube” that will be inserted tomorrow along with a performance tune to hopefully rid me of the light. 3 times at Ford replacing crankcase sensor. Any other suggestions here??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve read numerous threads and forums on how to stop the CEL from tripping due to likely vacuum pressure. I have an AFE magnum force cold air intake and recently purchased a “vent tube” that will be inserted tomorrow along with a performance tune to hopefully rid me of the light. 3 times at Ford replacing crankcase sensor. Any other suggestions here??
I have a 2017 with an aluminum/stainless steel AFE cold air intake. I have not had any issues concerning the CEL. If it remains an issue, I suggest you leave it stock.

·
Registered
263 Posts
AFE does recommend purchasing the tuner as you are opening up the intake volume and doing nothing to the timing or fuel. Some cold air intakes do require it as per mine. The Shelby/Whipple cold air with intercooler and tuner. Also cold spark plugs from Ford Racing. You can use any tuner or company’s tuner. Just call them up and ask questions. They will give you the info. Good luck. Tuning makes a huge improvement. This whipple kit is about 2100.00 complete.

·
Registered
2020 Gen 2 Ford Raptor
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AFE does recommend purchasing the tuner as you are opening up the intake volume and doing nothing to the timing or fuel. Some cold air intakes do require it as per mine. The Shelby/Whipple cold air with intercooler and tuner. Also cold spark plugs from Ford Racing. You can use any tuner or company’s tuner. Just call them up and ask questions. They will give you the info. Good luck. Tuning makes a huge improvement. This whipple kit is about 2100.00 complete.
Great comments yep installed my AFE scorcher programmer earlier this week and they cleared the code as well, which the scorcher had identified as “open throttle”? The engine light remains off and I’m thinking it has been just too much airflow or crankcase pressure for the OBD to handle this triggering it for error. We set the tune as 93 octane with intake and exhaust (both of which are also AFE) and I’m hopeful this keeps code clear. I’m inclined to still have Ford replace crankcase sensor and PCV if those faulted? Also, interestingly found oil in turbo vent tube suggestive that if anyone adds air intake you really should invest in a baffled oil catch can!! Too much blow by with increased airflow

·
Registered
263 Posts
Awesome! Great to hear that you did it and got the issue resolved. I’m sure you know this but just need to let everyone know. If you tune for 93. Use 93. If you tune for a specific octane use it. Don’t ever run 93 octane on an 87 or 89 tune. Damage will occur. Just an FYI to anyone whom does it. If you are experiencing any pre detonation at any time in the future than go grab a set of Ford Racing cold plugs. They work so much better than the standard motor craft ones. Good luck! Have a blast driving it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts