F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Raptor will be here Saturday, and I'm ready to customize it! Is there anywhere to buy a roll bar like the one you see in all the pictures?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't ever remember seeing a Raptor with a roll bar. I can't help with your question but can you show me one of these pictures you're talking about?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I imagine the aftermarket companies will be offering all kinds of goodies once the truck has been on the streets a while.

I think you are asking about the Raptor R as well as it's the only one I've seen that has the roll bar. But if you have a pic that proves different, I would LOVE to see it. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am speaking of the one on the Raptor R, I'm sorry for the confusion. I guess I'll just have to wait on the roll bar :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
So my Raptor will be here Saturday, and I'm ready to customize it! Is there anywhere to buy a roll bar like the one you see in all the pictures?
Email Greg Foutz, he was one of the drivers of the raptor R and his team built the racing unit. He can make you about anything you are searching for.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Unless you're racing and the race rules require it I cannot imagine why anyone would put a roll bar/cage inside a Raptor.

I know what the purpose of a rollbar is but the Raptor/F-150 is designed to take the weight of a vehicle rollover. Now if you're going to roll it over AND drop it off a ledge or cliff then I'll vote that you get a rollbar. It's not for me though. I'd rather have unobstructed access to the interior of the truck.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Dan do you have a link to any info on the rollover protective abilities of the F150? I was just looking at the structure yesterday and honestly I dunno if I fully trust what I see.

Not that I'll be adding a cage any time soon. Probably not ever. Just would like to know what Ford says on the subject.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Dan do you have a link to any info on the rollover protective abilities of the F150? I was just looking at the structure yesterday and honestly I dunno if I fully trust what I see.

Not that I'll be adding a cage any time soon. Probably not ever. Just would like to know what Ford says on the subject.

Nope. The only thing I can tell you is I recently read a 1st person story posted by a local guy who was coming down the mountain from skiing here in SoCal and a woman cut him off. He swerved to avoid her and his F-150 ended up rolling several times ending upright back on its tires.

He said the truck is totaled but he and his passenger were unhurt and he swears the truck saved his life.

I'm confident this truck is engineered to protect the occupants in a rollover. Of course a rollbar or cage wouldn't help but I'm not yet convinced it's a necessity.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have found Ford pickups to be very crash-survivable in stock form, even in high-speed rollovers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts