F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Been following the SVT Raptor + this site for about a week and I finally decided to sign up. I currently drive an '08 SRT-8 GC/Steel Blue/Gloss Powdercoated black wheels and tips + trim to match, 180 thermo, fan mod, front tint, Corsa Exhaust, ESP mod and it also used to be blown! To hot here for an SC kit ie Coachella Valley. Average summer temp here is 120!

The SRT Jeep is great for anything on road, wish I could afford both. However, I'm ready to take the step and buy the Raptor 6.2L version. I've called ten different dealers in So-Cal and none have any info....even on pre-order except ONE in AZ three hours from my home. Should here back tomorrow and will fill everyone in on the 6.2 details. Also calling SVT aka Ford Performance tomorrow......

Questions--Why do you think the Raptor doesn't have a catchy brake system like Brembo or Stillen? Also, I could be off here but does the Raptor only have rear locking differentials or are both front & rear locking?

The Raptor is everything a truck should be, happy to see Ford not only has the Ba**S to stand on their own in this economy but also build something that re-ignites the American auto spirit! I guess they looked at old photos of the Model-T and figured it was time to set the mark yet again.....:smiley_thumbs_up:

Current Ride:
'08 GC SRT--Options listed above + 1500 series Paxton Novi head unit, heat exchanger, 2800 stall TC, water fed intercooler, upgraded pully etc. If anyone is interested let me know. Mint condition!

Previous Rides:
'07 Audi RS4--Bone Stock and Bad AZZ
'00 R/T Durango--O.Z. Racing Nova wheels, matching spare, Pirelli Scorpions, F-40 Flowmaster, scrammbler, Tint, K&N, Throttle body spacer, Chip, Optima, etc etc
'00 WS6 T/A--3:73 Gear, Borla, K&N, Other
'91 Landcruiser--Insane Sound System and CA turbo exhaust

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Desert Wraith (cool name BTW) and welcome to the Z forum. :wavey:

Hopefully someone will stroll along that will have some answers to your questions.

I'm also retiring a GC (98 limited w/ 5.9) for a Raptor. I just feel it will be more practical and fun.

But my Jeep has served me well.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
:wavey: Welcome to the ForumZ ! Nice intro and nice list of rides :smileup:
Thanks for joining us, I'm sure you'll find all the infos you need here.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, happy to be here. I also hope to contribute information on the raptor to site members once it becomes avail. Might have some later today fyi.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Welcome to the best Ford Raptor SVT owners club forum on the net! Glad you joined our ever growing family of enthusiasts! Enjoy the site!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts