F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys have ever changed your own oil its really not a big deal. Until this truck! What were you engineers thinking in that design. First you must remove skid plates galore. Then locate this really funny looking yellow penis plug. That's what it looks like when removed. That's my drain plug. Plastic? Then you need to trigger the release pin to back it out. So if you haven't attempted this then think twice. The reason I do this myself is the dealer will just leave the skid plates on and drain oil all throughout your truck. First oil change on this truck took me 4 hours. Lmao! Fun Fact/ these engines use 6 quarts 5w30.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
If you guys have ever changed your own oil its really not a big deal. Until this truck! What were you engineers thinking in that design. First you must remove skid plates galore. Then locate this really funny looking yellow penis plug. That's what it looks like when removed. That's my drain plug. Plastic? Then you need to trigger the release pin to back it out. So if you haven't attempted this then think twice. The reason I do this myself is the dealer will just leave the skid plates on and drain oil all throughout your truck. First oil change on this truck took me 4 hours. Lmao! Fun Fact/ these engines use 6 quarts 5w30.
I just buy a new Raptor every year, save's on the nightmare of changing the oil ! lol:)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
How is your beast doing in all that snow???
She's in 4 wheel high,rear end locked, heated steering wheel on and driver seat on high, chewing thru this shit like a hot knife thru butter ! :eek: lmao
Also using Ford connect on my phone to get 30min. engine start .....
I'm got really sick in NYC over New Years, you never know what somebody touched and you touched it , so i'm freezing , nice and toasty in Raptor though !!!!!

·
2,635 Posts
Hey R2 Happy New Year’s to you and all my Raptor Brothers. What is the 30min. engine start? How much snow did you get I got about 10”. Hope you feel better soon keep warm everyone.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Reactions: Rapdav18

·
Registered
16 Posts
She's in 4 wheel high,rear end locked, heated steering wheel on and driver seat on high, chewing thru this shit like a hot knife thru butter ! :eek: lmao
Also using Ford connect on my phone to get 30min. engine start .....
I'm got really sick in NYC over New Years, you never know what somebody touched and you touched it , so i'm freezing , nice and toasty in Raptor though !!!!!
How did you get 30 min remote start??? My app only allows for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
How did you get 30 min remote start??? My app only allows for 15 minutes.
Ford Connect on my phone let's you lock and unlock , remote start with extended time in 15m. intervals also has location , where to park gas station w/price ... Does a shit load of other things. works cause there is a Modem in my '18 Raptor and part of 802a package..................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts