F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up ladies and gentlemen? Allow me to introduce myself. I am the current owner of a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi (pretty obvious with the user name), and I have done some work on it to get it where it is today (Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch) but after seeing the Raptor a few months ago, I’ve been thinking about a change. The problem with the Raptor is that it is only available in an extended cab, or at least that’s what I thought until I saw some spy pictures showing a true 4 door (or what is leading the public to be a true 4 door). I guess what I’m hoping from this site is to gather as much information as possible, from the people that really know the truck and what it can do. I’m also looking for honest opinions to see if it is the right truck for me.

My current truck is my daily driver, and my going to the woods truck. Had I known the Power Wagon was coming out in 2005, I would have waited one more year and bought it, but sometimes you just have to build onto what you have. 90% of the time my truck is on the pavement going to and from work, but when it’s time to get dirty, I’m not afraid to use it. I don’t do any rock crawling or things of that nature, or I’d stick with the Power Wagon. My big thing is I drive a lot of nasty back country roads, that are full of washboard. I also drive a lot in snow and mud, depending on the time of the year. I kind of figure that the Raptor would soak up the washboard roads better than a 2500, and it would ride a lot nicer on the pavement than a 2500 as well. The big thing is I must have a 4 door because my wife and I are in the middle of adopting 1 or 2 children (we won’t know how many until we’re closer, but we’re hoping for 2). The only thing I don’t like about the Raptor is a lack of a winch, but I have to believe that you could put one behind the bumper somehow (once again- you guys are the experts here, let me know).

Thanks for taking the time to read about my truck, and the needs I want out of my next truck. I hope you guys don’t mind a dodge guy poking around and trying to find out more information on the Raptor. If it helps, my very first 4x4 was a Full Size 1988 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Edition, and to this day, it has been the most comfortable vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’d kill to have those seats in my current truck. It’s just too bad that at 130,000 miles the engine and tranny both decided they were going take a digger on me.

I've also included a picture of my current truck- just because I like to post pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
:wavey: Welcome to the ForumZ! Glad you joined us.
Nice Ram BTW , thanks for the pic and the infos!Are you a member of RamforumZ ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
my very first 4x4 was a Full Size 1988 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Edition, and to this day, it has been the most comfortable vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’d kill to have those seats in my current truck.
You really need to test drive the Raptor, or at least sit in one.

It is very comfortable to sit in and drive. They did an excellent job with the seats.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome, couple questions...

How is the Kore suspension, I have heard a lot of great things about thier products?

Are looking at holding out for the SuperCrew?

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Welcome to the best Ford Raptor SVT club forum on the net! Glad you joined our growing family over here! Enjoy the site!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. As far as the questions go:

LYC79- I am a member of Dodge Talk and Dodge Trucks Extreme (hope as a newby I'm not breaking any rules about other online forum name dropings).

Soon2be1- I have been pretty happy with my Kore Recon Suspension System. I've thrown a few upgrades at it, but not much. It is a step above their entry level system, and it has served me well. The truck rides a little better than it did in stock form on pavement, but when I hit the rough stuff in the back country it soaks up the bumps pretty well (I'm sure not as well as the Raptor). Roads I used to travel at 20mph and cuss at, I can run close to 50mph now and feel pretty good about things. The problem with Kore is that their customer service can be a bit iffy. When I bought my system 3 years ago, I bought it from Desert Proven out of Oregon, from a guy named Marek. Well, after he left the service went down the pot. I actually almost bought a Carli system because of how well I heard it road and performe, but Marek was so good to me that I couldn't go the other route.

As far as the Super Crew goes, I'll be honest I don't know much about it versus a standard crew cab. I'm assuming it's bigger than the crew cab, but by how much I don't know. My bosses 04 F-150 is a crew cab, and it's pretty nice in back (bigger than my 04 Ram). The only reason I need a crew cab is because of the addition to the family that is coming down the road shortly, otherwise the extended cab Raptor would be just fine for me. I'm 6'9" so I don't sit in the back of vehicles.

·
Registered
126 Posts
...My bosses 04 F-150 is a crew cab... I'm 6'9" so I don't sit in the back of vehicles.
Wow - 6'9"

Look at the 2009 and newer F150 Crew Cab. The flat floor ( no trans hump ) and the length is amazing. There has got to be damn near 4 feet or more from the rear seat back to the front seat back. It's like a van when you fold the rear seat bottom up.

There is quite a lot of room in the Raptor's rear seat from my perspective. I'm 5' 7"

·
Banned
0 Posts
Well lookie there, a fellow 6'9" tall giant :)

I climbed into a SuperCab F150 last nite (not a Raptor) and the first thought I had was "I feel normal sized". It was a very refreshing feeling, that I'm looking forward to enjoying daily when my Raptor shows up.

Have you allowed yourself to sit in one yet?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Too bad that you can't test drive a Raptor offroad, I think it'd make your mind up for you. The head room and foot room are about identical in from the Ram to the Raptor. If you like boogyin', the Raptor's the only choice. If you like head turning looks, the Raptor's the one. The Raptor does so much so well, except for one thing: Heavy. The Power Wagon will to a LOT more. It only has 900#s more payload though. In every single area, the Raptor's better with exception of the front locker. Go look at one, you'll know that you want it. It'll tell you so!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jason- I'm glad you know how I feel. Trying to find a vehicle for my wife has always been hard. The first car we bought as a married couple was her 03 Honda Accord. As far as cars go, that wasn't a bad fit for an ogre. We just recently upgraded her to an 09 Honda Pilot (we have a kid on the way and needed more room for our stuff). That's good news on the interior room of the Raptor. I just honestly hope they make a true crew cab- the extended cab will not have enough room for a growing family (that's half the problem I have with my current truck). I haven't sat in or even looked at a Ford for a long time (I really don't like anything about the looks of the F-150, and the Super Duty interior is not my favorite). I may however have to try to sit in one, at least until a Raptor shows up, and then I'll take a look at it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow Josh....never thought i'd see the day.....
LOL- don't get too fired up CJ, I like to look at all my angles before I buy anything. You should see the list of trucks I drove before I bought my Ram. I think the Raptor is a great truck (the folks on DTX and DT might not agree), but I'm still 90% sure I'm going to be the owner of a new Power Wagon in 2012.

The great thing is the guys here on the Raptor Forum are filled with a lot of good information, and have welcomed a Dodge owner onto their site. I wonder if our DTX or DT brothers would be so kind?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts