F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the enhanced skit plate that ford racing is offering is going to look like. Do you think it will be like the one from the Raptor R.

·
Registered
59 Posts
:werd:

Fits F150 Raptor
Replaces production front skid plate
Added side and center reinforcements
Complete with mounting brackets and hardware
Powder-coated "foundry finish" gray
"Ford Racing" ID, right and left sides
I agree that this should have come standard. Not worth the $500+ asking price, IMHO.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. So its just wider? When you order the raptor can you add those accessories at purchase.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
No, it`s not wider but thicker. You will notice in some photos that the skid plate has some damage, the early photos of the orange truck jumping.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I don't remember if the stock one comes up the side but the F.R. one does....It is thicker.....

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
It doesn't matter how stout it is when you have 6000+ lb vehicle landing after a jump. It can and will cause damage to the skid plate, the important thing is did it protect, and in this case it looks like it did. They would have to make one like 2" thick to prevent any bending. I'm guessing the stock on is about 1/4" and the F.R. one is 3/8" (maybe 1/2"??), but I bet either will show wear after hard landings. For "normal" use I dont think any of us will have any probs.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
does ayone have a picture of the enhanced skid plate from the front?
These are the only ones I have of the F.R. plate from the front....It looks just like the stock one...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts