F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been enjoying my heated seats. A couple days ago I pushed the button and it lights up momentarily and then turns off. The passenger side button and seat still works properly. I checked the fuses and if I checked the right one, it was fine. Is there an easy fix or do I need to take it in to the dealership????? I do have warranty but I would rather fix than leave it anywhere. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Drivers side seat heater issue

Mines doing the same thing. Taking her in tomorrow to dealer. Anyone have a dealer response so far?

BT

·
Registered
54 Posts
Add another one to this list.

I searched hoping someone had already solved this...I probably won't bother taking it to the dealer until the next oil change, so if any of you guys figure it out keep us posted!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Obviously, old habits never die with Ford. I had this happen on my 2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer (two times). Hope it doesn't happen on my SCrew Raptor.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm just wondering how many of you have the easy access/exit still on. I know I turned my off after 3 days; I just wasn't fun of javing the seat sliding back or forth everytime I put the key in or out. (Could that be causing the connection issue -- i doubt it)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm just wondering how many of you have the easy access/exit still on. I know I turned my off after 3 days; I just wasn't fun of javing the seat sliding back or forth everytime I put the key in or out. (Could that be causing the connection issue -- i doubt it)
I disabled it on mine too. Besides it being annoying, it was just extra wear and tear that would surely burn out the seat motor sooner than later

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well I'm in the "me too" club here. I was just going to post here about my problem but you guys beat me to the punch.

Exact same issue: Press the drivers side button and it illuminates for a second then goes out.

Where was the loose wire you found earlier? Picures would be great.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
396 Posts
Mine too. I took it into Galpin Ford and the problem was diagnosed as an open circuit, meaning the heating element "pad" is defective. In the case of my truck, it is the driver's side bottom element. Guess what? They are on national backorder and may be in sometime in February but no guarantees. They have the backrest element, which they are going to replace also even though it is not broken since they have to take the seat out to fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was having the opposite issue . . . it would not turn off after reaching temp and would get extremely hot . I was hesitant to go to the dealer but I went last week and they said there was an issue with a " module " and were ordering me a new one under warranty . I don't have any more info . . . yet

·
Registered
396 Posts
Got a call from Galpin Ford. The parts are now in to fix my broken driver's side heated seat. They are replacing both heating elements "pads" in the seat. Half a day job accoring to them. Giong in next Monday.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Got mine fixed by dealer. It was the seat pads. Here's their detail:

CUSTOMER STATES DRIVER HEATED SEAT IS INOP.
CAUSE: VERIFY CONCERN, DIAG SEAT, TRACED TO FAULTY SEAT HEATER PADS, R&R DRIVER SEAT, REPLACE BOTH SEAT PADS AND RETEST. OK.

1 AL3Z*14D696*A ELEMENT
1 9L3Z*14D696*B ELEMENT
3 HDW1 SINGLE MISC HDWR

Also, I turned off my "seat retreat" the first week I had the truck, so I didn't think I had the loose wire issue.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts