F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Y'all.

I hope Im posting this in the right place.

Im posting this as informational in case someone else is experiencing the same problem.

Truck - 2011 F150 RAPTOR Super Crew..

Symptom - When you place your gear in reverse to park or backup as you tap on the breaks there is a clicking sound as you press and release the brake.

Solution - Took it to Galpin ford and they said it was the driveshaft.

I've also noticed that while driving 30-35 mph, then slow down to about 15-20mph, accelerate, it pushes the truck forward as if the transmission was stuck in a gear and it shifted back...

I'll post my outcome.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Yup, had mine replaced for the same thing over a year ago, no hassle, warranty :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got my truck back today. So far so good.

Here is what the final invoice stated the following.
CAUSE-
TECH PERFORMED A ROADTEST ON THE VEHICLE AND FOUND NOISE AND CLUNK COMING FROM DRIVE SHAFT

CORRECTION
PER BULLITEN 11B25 TECH REMOVED AND REPLACED THE DRIVE SHAFT TO CORRECT THE CONCERN. THE TECH THEN RETESTED AND FOUND THE SYSTEM OPERATES AS DESIGNED AT THIS TIME.

Part Number - BL3Z4602J Shaft ASY DRIVE

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
You should be good to go, glad its all good. There was a recall for that on some 2010 and 2011 early models :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have read a lot on the clunk, I have a 2011 with 43000 Km's but have never heard the clunk on mine. Wonder if I should get the dealership to check my driveshaft anyways?

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
If yours was a later production run, like mid year or later, it already would have the updated driveshaft in it. You can probably read the pt# on the sticker on the driveshaft to check, maybe??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts