F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are fortunate to have a Raptor please give us an idea of what its like to drive around town. I'm curious about anything that you like or dislike about the truck. Is parking a pain? is it comfortable on the freeway? is it a good daily driver?

I currently drive a 97 F150 which i love more than life... The Raptor is the only truck i could possibly consider replacing my current truck...

RaptorForumz rules!!! Thank you all for your input!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Driving Raptor in Town

We have owned several 4x4 F150s: 97 Supercab, 98 supercab FX4 and 2008 Crew Cab FX4, and now 2010 Raptor.

The Raptor is the most comfortable of all to drive and the ride is outstanding. The truck is wider, but very managable. The Raptor seats are much softer than the seats in the other F150s. The Raptor is as easy to park and drive as the 97 F150 Supercab and it is easier to park than the 2008 Crew Cab. We truely loved our 97 F150 Super Cab but the Raptor's features far surpass the 97's features. I really don't think you will be disappointed if you get a Raptor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RaptorGirl.. thank you for your input... You should post some pics of your truck... i'd love to see it...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Score,

If you are anywhere near Cerritos Ford, check out the black one they have on the lot. I took it for a spin last Friday and was very underwhelmed by the lack of power. The rest of the truck was great, loved it.

Loaded @ $45.5K + $5K dealer profit markup. $50.5K... Yikes!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had mine for a couple of weeks now. It is by far the most comfortable truck I have ever driven. It is a little wide, but you quickly get used to it and I must say that has to be why it corners so well. My wife even wants to drive it and that is saying something when her daily driver is an Audi S6. As far as power goes, I was doing 90 on the freeway and stomped it to pass someone. It accelerated nicely even at that speed. (I don't condone such driving, but had to try it out) I have been getting about 12.5mpg over about 2,000 miles and that includes 350 or so miles of strictly off-road. I really do love the truck! I am glad that I did not wait for the 6.2.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
75 Posts
Driven Around town...

Driving around town is like driving a old buick, plush floating ride, nose dives when ya hit the brakes, but super responsive steering. My toy has barley seen pavement. Its my Rig Runner, bought it to abuse it...

·
Registered
28 Posts
its wide so you have to be alert to where you are on narrow backroads, it attention getting and probably the coolest stock truck on the road, that truck rides great and is super comfortable, the powerband in the 5.4 is great the overall electronic everything is overwhelming but im sure i will learn. makes you feel tiny riding in the cockpit and im 6'3" great truck kudos to ford

·
Registered
59 Posts
I havent got mine in yet but i have test drove all the ones around town and ive fell in love with the ride. Also the back seat has plenty room. im only 5'7" so im good but even my dealer had good room and he's pushin 6'4".

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm currently driving a 2000 Ford F-350 7.3 litre powerstroke diesel dually, 6spd manual.

I'm looking forward to my Raptor's arrival and pretty much figure driving it will be like a walk in the park compared to driving the dually through city streets and parking issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts