F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
As i patiently wait for my truck, i had some questions for those in the know.

I was curious what tire pressure worked the best for your local sand conditions?

Any special sand considerations like covering vulnerable seals or something?

Who has the slick flag mount?

Let's see some raptor air at the dunes!:wow:

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sand Tire Pressure

I live in Calif. and have gone with friends who have serious sand rails (corvette powered, paddle tires, etc) - serious fun!

I do not have my Raptor yet but take my Chev Silvarado 4X Z71 to these sand dunes. I have simular BFG's and have no problems with speed with 10 - 12 psi . Sand favors wider rounder tires.. The key is to increase your contact patch size to keep your hp on top of the sand instead of on top of your axles. This is not off-road dirt we're talking about... sand is a diferent creature.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Good link.

bhpdbrad- how often does your silverado get stuck in the sand?

Think your raptor can keep up with a sand rail?!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Thanks guys. Good link.

bhpdbrad- how often does your silverado get stuck in the sand?

Think your raptor can keep up with a sand rail?!
Not to speak for bhpbrad, and as much as I love the Raptor.....I don't see one keeping up with a sand rail, lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I haven't been stuck in the sand since I tried to take my Blazer on the beach at night, after a high school party! (that was many moons ago... like 28 yrs to be exact) - since then I have much more sand experiance and grey hair.

The Raptor will kick my Silvarado's butt... but my buddies sand rail is no contest... It's a $80K sand machine! My Silvarado won't leave the ground... The Raptor will get off the ground a few feet; the sand rail will fly!

When you talk speed - or racing - the first equation to learn... is that power to weight ratio.

But remember, you can't drive a sand rail to work! Yea Raptor!

·
Registered
84 Posts
With the right tires, light and horn......you can in AZ.:D
Absofrackinglutly! I used to run my go kart to work until the MPs said it was too small and that it needed an electronic horn and not one of the ooga horns from walmart. The MPs also said that I couldn't use my canned air horn either.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Absofrackinglutly! I used to run my go kart to work until the MPs said it was too small and that it needed an electronic horn and not one of the ooga horns from walmart. The MPs also said that I couldn't use my canned air horn either.
A guy at the dealership I worked at used to drive his Polaris Ranger to work......and I also used to see a guy in the afternoons riding home on his street legal Honda 450R, lol. Love AZ!

·
Registered
50 Posts
You Know Your're A *******...

This has turned into a Jeff Foxworthy Forum (haha)
You Known You're A ******* When...
You drive your ____________ (sandrail, atv, lawnmower,etc) to work!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
This has turned into a Jeff Foxworthy Forum (haha)
You Known You're A ******* When...
You drive your ____________ (sandrail, atv, lawnmower,etc) to work!!
When you leave for work 30 minutes early to do some muddin' on the way to work...

yooouuuuuu might be a red neck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts