F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local grocery store gives a discount % off of gas if you buy so much. My total was up to 21 cents off up to 15 gallons. I went to the stores gas station and notice they had a E85 pump. With my discount I payed 2.029 a gallon and topped off my tank with about 8 gallons. Right away the ECU saw the E85 and my estimated miles to empty went from 409 to 340. I didn't feel any different on my Butt Dyno but I drive normal for a 54 year old man. The E85 was 105 octane and I knew though my other trucks that the mileage would be lower. Than today I topped off again with reg. gas. The mileage to empty keeps climbing from 335 to 361 by the time I got home.

Just passing some infor.

dly

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've never even seen an e-85 pump in my life, lol, and I've been a few places. I do know there has got to be one near somewhere though because Roser has used it and we're from the same area. I personally think I'll stay away from it, even if it is cheaper and higher octane......I'll keep whatever mileage I can get.

·
Registered
290 Posts
In Pheonix only two show up online. There are a ton in AZ though and a bunch in Tucson alone.

[url]http://www.e85refueling.com/locations.php?city=Phoenix&Cmd=Submit+City&state=AZArizona[/URL]

Western States Petroleum
450 South 15th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85007
602-252-4011
View Map
Downtown Phoenix, between Jefferson and Grant on South 15th Avenue. First public station in Phoenix!

Arizona Department of Administration
1501 W Madison St.
Phoenix, AZ 85007
View Map
Private facility.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
In Pheonix only two show up online. There are a ton in AZ though and a bunch in Tucson alone.

[URL="http://www.e85refueling.com/locations.php?city=Phoenix&Cmd=Submit+City&state=AZArizona"][url]http://www.e85refueling.com/locations.php?city=Phoenix&Cmd=Submit+City&state=AZArizona[/URL][/URL]

Western States Petroleum
450 South 15th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85007
602-252-4011
View Map
Downtown Phoenix, between Jefferson and Grant on South 15th Avenue. First public station in Phoenix!

Arizona Department of Administration
1501 W Madison St.
Phoenix, AZ 85007
View Map
Private facility.
Cool, thanks. And see there...one is a private facility, lol.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The only one in my small town (pop 6k) is a farmer's coop. All I had to do was go down and get a mempership and a card, no biggie.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There's been a new station between my house & work that has E-85. I noticed that the price for about a year was always 10 cents a gallon cheaper than regular. Then just before I got my Raptor, the E-85 dropped to about 20 cents cheaper, I thought I hit the jackpot! Well, after a couple of tankfuls I realized I could only get 9-10 mpg on E-85 compaired to 14-15 on gas. Also, it says in the manual that if you run more than 50% on E-85, you need to run a tankful of gas only every 3000 miles. So unless the price of E-85 drops even more I'm staying with gas.

·
Registered
126 Posts
In Scottsdale AZ there is a Chevron with E85 on the east side of Scottsdale Road just south of pinnacle peak.

I get addicted to that little bit of extra power and drive with the right foot firmly planted.

I did a non-scientific 0-60 using the stopwatch function on my phone.

My Raptor (4.88 gears) on E85 averaged 7.8 seconds and gasoline 8.1

On Gas, my S/C Tacoma 4X4 was 7.0 and my Marauder (4.10 gears) was 5.9.

·
Registered
208 Posts
7.8 to 8.1 0 to 60 seems perty good to me for a truck like the raptor its got good pick up and go , cant see why so many think its a realy slow pig

·
Registered
126 Posts
7.8 to 8.1 0 to 60 seems perty good to me for a truck like the raptor its got good pick up and go , cant see why so many think its a realy slow pig
It's got that kinda acceleration 'cause I put in almost 20% more gear - 4.88 ratios front and back. Going 75mph, engine revs 2500.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
According to the above link I have to drive 50+ miles to get E-85. Sucks I guess. It seems that only the smaller towns have it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What kind of fuel economy do you get on the highway under normal driving conditions with the 4.88's?
This morning, I filled up with Unleaded and reset the MPG.
I got 17.8 average. This was about 10 miles in town and 5 miles on freeway at 75mph.

Going home I expect it to drop from the higher temps, more stop and go and slight increase in elevation. Will most likely drop the average to 14 or 15.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In Pearland, Texas we have a E85 pump at a Krogers Grocery. The price is $2.15 a gallon as of yesterday. As far as fuel milage - We have 1100 miles and running E85 we get approximately 11.5 miles a gallon. That is city/highway driving. When using super unleaded we average approximately 13.4 with same type of driving. We have had it on one highway trip to South Texas. It never got better than 13.8.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It would be interesting to see a real life dyno run of both E85 and regular unleaded.

I totally agree, since I am here in germany I would love to see the difference, E85 is readily available to me over here. I normally only put Super Plus in all of my cars so I am sure the Raptor will recieve the same. so I would like to know what the "actual" hp difference between the two is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
87 octane 17 MPG on the highway.
E85 12 MPG on the highway.

$2.35 - 87
$1.95 - E85

Yes, noticeable difference in power, but costs more $ per mile. 2,000+ miles on the truck.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, noticeable difference in power, but ...
Careful, you just might get hooked on it.
I just switched back to gasoline this tank and cant wait until it's gone.
I want my power back. Gimme alcohol, E85 that is. Gasoline is for cleaning parts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts