F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked the ride up yesterday and am looking to add/change a few things.

1) Air Intake - who makes one for this model truck and model # of system if you have it? - Thanks

2) Exhaust - which mufflers out there will give this ride a deeper roar at the same time gain some performance or gain MPG? Specific models?

3) Tuners - If I change the air intake and the muffler will I need to reprogram the truck? If so what chips/tuners are available or is it better to take it to someone else?

4) Any other inexpensive mods that I can do to the truck (no turbos for now) that is fairly easy?

I've never really modded a truck before but have modded motorcycles to include exhausts, intake, fuel programming so any tid bits of information is appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
No tuners yet, still to new. JDM worked on one that they installed a Saleen SuperCharger in that was shipped overseas but I don't know the details.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am not an authority but IMO if you put on an intake it is worth the tune too. I expect in time more canned tunes will be out there but I would look for a person that can put it on a dyno and work with it that way.

If you don't do more than axel backs for exhaust (leave the cats.) then I doubt that will need a tune.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
No tuners yet, still to new. JDM worked on one that they installed a Saleen SuperCharger in that was shipped overseas but I don't know the details.
They also told the guy to forget about the off-road mode, that it isn't there anymore.:doh:

·
Registered
290 Posts
They also told the guy to forget about the off-road mode, that it isn't there anymore.:doh:
Actually he said that first but then later retracted. The off road mode works fine, it's just the hill decent that they couldn't get to work. That's what he said in his post. I would still like to keep the hill decent, but it's not a huge deal for me.

Not sure if it's ok to mention another forum so I won't but it was DXGLIGHTINGBOY and it's in the posts as you read through them.

·
Registered
599 Posts
i drive nuthin but off road, foot in it all the time. Off road mode or not. Its my daily driver drilling rig to drilling rig. All that butto seams to do is flash a few lights.
You know for the FULL effect you have to push the advance track button also.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i drive nuthin but off road, foot in it all the time. Off road mode or not. Its my daily driver drilling rig to drilling rig. All that butto seams to do is flash a few lights.
How is the raptor in the patch anyway? I'm thinking of getting one just cause it seems like a truck that can handle the cobblestone highways that I rip down to get to work and back

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:threadjacked:

Going to try to get back on track with the original topic for the thread.

Just picked the ride up yesterday and am looking to add/change a few things.

1) Air Intake - who makes one for this model truck and model # of system if you have it? - Thanks

2) Exhaust - which mufflers out there will give this ride a deeper roar at the same time gain some performance or gain MPG? Specific models?

3) Tuners - If I change the air intake and the muffler will I need to reprogram the truck? If so what chips/tuners are available or is it better to take it to someone else?

4) Any other inexpensive mods that I can do to the truck (no turbos for now) that is fairly easy?

I've never really modded a truck before but have modded motorcycles to include exhausts, intake, fuel programming so any tid bits of information is appreciated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've send request for a good air intake to: Roush , Airaid and K&N. Only K&N replied that they DON'T have the right kit.

Still waiting for Roush and Airaid to come back to me. (it`s from the same manufactory)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I talked to Volant and they have a CAI coming out in a couple weeks. I actually ordered one from Stylin Concepts on sale for $377 shipped.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts