F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I happen to see a good idea for one of the aux switches listed on this forum - as an electric exhaust cut out.

I then found a vendor (QTP) on line and was wondering if anyone has explored this as an option for increased hp and or torque.

Also - how much back pressure can you reduce before suffering loss of power?

If the cut outs are installed near the rear (before the cat-back) would that be ideal?

Any good wrenches out there know or have experience with these?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Heeey, that was my idea!;) I'm thinking you might lose a bit of tq on the low end but maaaaaaybe gain a bit of hp up top. I don't think it will be anything noticable, I was more into it just to have some burly exhaust music to go with the fun.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exhaust Cut Out

I asked that vendor if they had any ideas about the effect on hp and/or torque and they agree with you - maybe a little loss on the low end but at higher rpm it would increase both. They said it should be mounted as far aft as possible - just before the cat-back.

I watched some of their videos and was quite impressed. I hope someone trys one on a Raptor and provides a review.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exhaust Cut Out

Same situation here too. I'm first on the waiting list at my local dealership to get a 6.2L Raptor.

I just want my to-do list somewhat complete by then

Can't wait!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exhaust Cut Outs

[url]www.quicktimeperformance.com/[/URL] has the Electric Exhaust Cut-Outs. Found them by just searching for exhaust cut outs - don't know much about this company but they did respond back quickly to my request for information. They seem to have a large line of products.

And they peaked my interest more after I saw some of their videos.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Lol, just watched the vids......that one with the Charger is bad-ass! That's deff. going to be one of my first mods. We have a Silverado with the 6.2 here and we took the muffler off one day.....thing sounded like an off-shore power boat when you got on it.....that's what I want.

·
Registered
74 Posts
having electric cut out installed on my Raptor today.. Should be ready in a couple hours.. I will post up video asap!

·
Registered
126 Posts
having electric cut out installed on my Raptor today.. Should be ready in a couple hours.. I will post up video asap!
Is it cool, or what?

I want one.

Is the valve restrictive at all? I had manual "Dumps" and the valve area was restrictive so I took them off and put on caps.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was thinking about doing this, but I must say...I LIKE THE STOCK EXHAUST! I don't believe I've EVER said that before.
I have to agree. I have always changed out the exhaust on my vehicles before, but this baby just might stay stock. Love the quite idle, then sounds great when you romp on it.

Nice thing about doing a cut-out is you can enable it or disable it as you want, or always just leave it "stock" sounding position if you don't like the extra noise. Of course if you don't ever use it then why waste the money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts