F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Not only did it sound great but the video was awesome too! I liked the "Fly Over" at the end.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Exhaust Cut Out !!!

Wow - Sounds great !!

OK - That's My first Add On !! Love it! And kudos to your cameraman - love the fly by (over) at the end.

Questions: (you knew there would be some - now we can learn from your experiance)

1) Did you order the Cut-Out from Quick Time Performance? http://www.quicktimeperformance.comhttp://www.quicktimeperformance.comwww.quicktimeperformance.com If not, where?

2,3,4) Size? Round or Oval? One pipe or dual?

5) How far back mounted?

Any other thoughts - comments?

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's rad:158:...subscribed.. How much coin? Why didn't the activator get placed in the OEM auxillary switches?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree and I'm pretty sure as long as it it mounted after the cats, it shouldn't throw any codes I acctually removed the rear 2 of the 4 cats on a 05 5.4 and just blew holes in the new pipes and reinstalled the O2's and never got a code either

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow - Sounds great !!

OK - That's My first Add On !! Love it! And kudos to your cameraman - love the fly by (over) at the end.

Questions: (you knew there would be some - now we can learn from your experiance)

1) Did you order the Cut-Out from Quick Time Performance? [url]www.quicktimeperformance.com[/URL] If not, where?

2,3,4) Size? Round or Oval? One pipe or dual?

5) How far back mounted?

Any other thoughts - comments?

1) The name of the company is called DMH.
[url]http://www.dmhperformance.com/[/URL]

2) not sure

3) oval

4) one pipe

5) mounted between cats and muffler

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's rad:158:...subscribed.. How much coin? Why didn't the activator get placed in the OEM auxillary switches?
We couldn't use the OEM aux switches because they need a rocker switch to work properly. someone on here gave a good example of a power window type of switch. You hold it down one way to open the cut out and you hold it down the other way to close it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
what i want to know is how durable are these things, i mean i know once i get the truck it is not only going to see time in the mud but in the sand too. I am wondering if everything will hold up to a mouth full of sand a couple of times (even though it will be in the closed position everytime i take it through the sand and mud)

·
Registered
121 Posts
That was sweet..... I am always a fan of a mod that adds function and "coolness". They would never fly in TN, but what an excellent way to pull into the driveway to let the wife know your home..... ha ha.

Top Kudo's on the video itself as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
how does this not kill engine perofrmance? everytime i have an exhaust leak or low back pressure my power goes out the window.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
how does this not kill engine perofrmance? everytime i have an exhaust leak or low back pressure my power goes out the window.
It's not going to "kill" engine performance, maybe alter it very slightly, but nothing you're going to notice. All you're doing in this case is taking the muffler out of the equation. Now if you have an exhaust leak further up stream, say at the exhaust manifold, then you're going to be hurting performance more. In this case with the cut-out though, you actually may gain a hp or 2 on the top end.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts