F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I'm first!! Yipee... NOT! I hopped in the truck on sunday to head to the auto parts store for some wax so I could wax the BEAST and i went to back out and plowed into my wife's friends Honda Accord!!! The Raptor is fine! Not even a scratch, but WTF??? I left a nice square indent in her friend's bumper! The same bumper that I replaced for her 6 months ago!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I DONT have the back up camera. I passed up the option because I planned to add it eventually and I can do it for cheaper than they were selling the option for. It may have helped. I looked in the rear view mirror, but her car sets low and the truck sets high and she was right behind me! Plus, no one ever parks behind me, so I really wasnt looking. Oh well, my insurance covered it, but it still sucked A$$! LOL

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Sure it was not those guage lights blinding you?:hah:

Sorry, could not help it.

Raptor takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine has the back up camera. I think it was well worth the option money. The rear view mirror has a lot of disadvantages with the height of the truck and the rear head rest in place. The camera sure makes it easy to hook up to a trailer. Glad your new truck wasn't bent.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I love the backup camera, I backed up to my car hauler tonight and dropped the trailer on the ball first try!

I told my dad about it and he said "so I do that everytime". But he has a fifth wheel so he just looks out back:)

She pulled it great, had a 1979 firebird on it. I had to laugh when I was taking off faster than the car next to me at stoplights and I had 5500lbs hanging from my Raptor. Got to love that 4:10 gearing and low end torque.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yea the guide lines in the back up camera are awesome... and looking down on the hitch is great as well...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im looking into it. Nav and luxury were my main things. everything else can be added for cheaper than the option

·
Registered
42 Posts
Raptor wreck

I was driving 30 mph in the right lane of a four lane road (2 lanes on either side) and a 1970 chevy camaro that was parked in the red open his door all the way right into my truck as I was approaching a stop light!!!! Over $6000 worth of damage to my baby!! :Angry: I was so mad, sad, and distraught knowing that it was his fault (both ins co's said it was 100% his fault as well as the DMV). His car was already rusted out from the inside out with no upholstery and dents everywhere all the way around his car! I truck nearly took his door clean off!! BUT.....his all steel door bent my rear axle slightly and his window spattered my paint all along the right hand side not to mention his door almost ripping off my rear fender/flare and denting scratching my truck from the front wheel to the back wheel. To top in off the guy was intoxicated I believe and just paid insurance 2 days prior.......thank GOD!!!!! Anyway, the cheery was the auto body shop.........enough said :(. Just wish their were more good ol' people around these days that would take responsibility for their actions. I'm driving her around again, and she feels fine, but in the back of my mind I still feel something is wrong with her :(..........Sometimes I really feel like crying because this is without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned!!!! Be careful Raptor owner's, protect your loved ones as best as possible! I do mean people too of course! I need more cow bell!!!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I was driving 30 mph in the right lane of a four lane road (2 lanes on either side) and a 1970 chevy camaro that was parked in the red open his door all the way right into my truck as I was approaching a stop light!!!! Over $6000 worth of damage to my baby!! :Angry: I was so mad, sad, and distraught knowing that it was his fault (both ins co's said it was 100% his fault as well as the DMV). His car was already rusted out from the inside out with no upholstery and dents everywhere all the way around his car! I truck nearly took his door clean off!! BUT.....his all steel door bent my rear axle slightly and his window spattered my paint all along the right hand side not to mention his door almost ripping off my rear fender/flare and denting scratching my truck from the front wheel to the back wheel. To top in off the guy was intoxicated I believe and just paid insurance 2 days prior.......thank GOD!!!!! Anyway, the cheery was the auto body shop.........enough said :(. Just wish their were more good ol' people around these days that would take responsibility for their actions. I'm driving her around again, and she feels fine, but in the back of my mind I still feel something is wrong with her :(..........Sometimes I really feel like crying because this is without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned!!!! Be careful Raptor owner's, protect your loved ones as best as possible! I do mean people too of course! I need more cow bell!!!!!
That sucks! I feel your pain. That first scratch, dent, accident, etc. is the worst!:velo:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts