F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Raptor
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for someone willing to email with me on my Raptor questions. I have simple questions and just need some easy guidance. Questions would likely be annoying for the advanced threads I see on the forum.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for someone willing to email with me on my Raptor questions. I have simple questions and just need some easy guidance. Questions would likely be annoying for the advanced threads I see on the forum.

Thanks!
No problem, I’m happy to assist
Sparky

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks!
Hello, I'm a new owner myself and I have been learning the hard way. So far the info I have is the Raptor is not a run of the mill F150, the parts are not really interchangeable, so every thing you buy must be Raptor compatible. Ball joint, shocks, control arms, and much more.
I have found the best way to maintain this vehicle is to get on top of its needs before its needs them. That will give you a financial cushion, so when things go bad it wont empty your wallet. The differential on the 4×4 needs to be maintained, I'm not sure on the recommendation, but maybe the forum will chime in. At my local Ford dealer is 160 to dump and change the fluids, and it's a big deal with these vehicles as far as I have heard. Again, I'm learning too so best of luck my friend.
Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, I'm a new owner myself and I have been learning the hard way. So far the info I have is the Raptor is not a run of the mill F150, the parts are not really interchangeable, so every thing you buy must be Raptor compatible. Ball joint, shocks, control arms, and much more.
I have found the best way to maintain this vehicle is to get on top of its needs before its needs them. That will give you a financial cushion, so when things go bad it wont empty your wallet. The differential on the 4×4 needs to be maintained, I'm not sure on the recommendation, but maybe the forum will chime in. At my local Ford dealer is 160 to dump and change the fluids, and it's a big deal with these vehicles as far as I have heard. Again, I'm learning too so best of luck my friend.
Cheers
I worked for Ford for 20 years and now service 32 dealers as a consultant. I would recommend changing the front and rear diff fluid every 30k. If you can find a shop that uses BG products you will have the best fluid you can get in the whole system. Holler if I can be of more assistance.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Thanks!
We’re you able to get the info you needed? My email is [email protected] if I can help anyone
Sparky

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks!
Gen 1 or 2?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts