F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with the FORD badge on the tailgate? It appears to be 2 inches thick!!

Not the same as on the official web site.

Any function to it??

Just wondering. And can you order without badging? Anyone who knows anything about the truck would know it's a Raptor.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The thicker one has the rear camera in it, that's why it's so thick. I bet those without have a "normal" badge on back. Don't know about ordering without the badging, I wouldn't want to remove any of mine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's the camera housing.

I actually cracked mine this weekend unloading a trailer with my boy's Joyner Sand Viper on it. Sucks.

It's under $20 and adheres with dbl stick tape, included.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How do you remove the f150 emblem off the tailgate,I only want it to say RAPTOR.

I was told the F-150 has two holes. So I was going to buy a new Raptor emblem and place it where the F-150 would have been.
The Raptor can be removed with fishing line,its real easy. Then you can put the old emblem on your desk!
I used some black out tape to cover the huge chrome Ford emblem. The tail gate looks a lot better with just the Raptor being seen in my book.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FORD Badging

The thicker one has the rear camera in it, that's why it's so thick. I bet those without have a "normal" badge on back. Don't know about ordering without the badging, I wouldn't want to remove any of mine.
Thanks - I knew there had to be a reason.

And as far as the other badging goes - I appreciate all the extra work done by the marketing guys - and admit that the Raptor – SVT logo is cool – I just like a clean custom look. Less is more (unless it’s a bra size – haha)
Thanks again

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had only one badging issue when I ordered my Raptor, and that was to direct the dealership that I did not want any dealership badges placed on the truck.

Should have told them I'd take a dealership badge if they paid me a $100.00 per month marketing fee. :158:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had only one badging issue when I ordered my Raptor, and that was to direct the dealership that I did not want any dealership badges placed on the truck.

Should have told them I'd take a dealership badge if they paid me a $100.00 per month marketing fee. :158:
I was fully prepared to remove the dealer badge as I've done on every other vehicle I bought from them, but I found out that this dealer does not put them on SVT vehicles.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Years ago when I bought my F250 there was a store on Ebay that sold custom overlays that looked great... I wonder if anyone could come up with a cool over lay for the Ford emblem on the raptor...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts