F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much taller is the Raptor compared to a FX4?

Chris

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've heard 2" which sounds about right. I think they both have 2" blocks and the spring arch looks about the same, so tires being the only height difference the 35" tires would make the Raptor about 2" taller (that is assuming about 31" stock tires on the FX4)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well what about the shocks? does that not give it more lift?

·
Registered
157 Posts
well what about the shocks? does that not give it more lift?
I don't think they do. You would not want this truck very tall if you are going to be doing 100mph in the desert. You want a low wide stance.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree, that is what I like about this truck. It is low to the ground, wide stance, and should be more stable because of it. A lifted vehicle does not go well with speed...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok the reason i was asking is because i jus ordered mine and was going to put my old set of rims and tires on and keep the stockers to offroad in. They are 20" rockstars with 35" nitto mud grapplers (+10 offset and 5.14 backspacing). Do yall think they will fit without rubbing?

chris

·
Registered
802 Posts
ok the reason i was asking is because i jus ordered mine and was going to put my old set of rims and tires on and keep the stockers to offroad in. They are 20" rockstars with 35" nitto mud grapplers (+10 offset and 5.14 backspacing). Do yall think they will fit without rubbing?

chris
Are those 10" wide wheels? You still shouldn't have any problem I would think.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no, they are 20x8.5

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there any way to level the raptor?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
With a 20" rim and 35" tire, the truck is going to ride like a led sled. Ford has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a great working off road truck. Do not mess it up with cheesy after market components, most lifted trucks do not perform well for serious off road, it`s more show than go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If its 4 wheel drive it should have torsion bars or torsion keys just crank the torsion keys to level it out. No big deal. It'd be retarded to lift this truck tho too. I had a 99 f350 that was sick stock then I got a 6 inch lift and it was junk. My 97 f150 is lifted 4 inches and I havent had any problems so far.

·
Registered
129 Posts
These trucks and pretty much all newer 1/2 ton 4x4s do not have torsion bars. They have coil-over shocks & springs which you have to buy spacers (usually in the 2" range) to level the truck. If the Raptors front shocks mount the same on top as the other f150, then you should be able to use the leveling kits made for them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts