F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I received a letter from ford today, it says that Should I need it, I am covered for a cam phaser replacement thru 01/01/23
I had mine replaced under warranty at 32K...If you hear the ticking don't wait..I was fortunate enough to find this forum when I first purchased my 2018 in 2018...The dealerships can't do the work under the coverage unless the issue is verified. It can be elusive and will present more and more over time. The final phase before they agreed to cover mine was blowing blue smoke out the back on start up and acceleration...Keep an ear out for the ticking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had mine replaced under warranty at 32K...If you hear the ticking don't wait..I was fortunate enough to find this forum when I first purchased my 2018 in 2018...The dealerships can't do the work under the coverage unless the issue is verified. It can be elusive and will present more and more over time. The final phase before they agreed to cover mine was blowing blue smoke out the back on start up and acceleration...Keep an ear out for the ticking.
I don't have any noise yet and after fighting with my dealer and a call to Ford they are going to do the reprogram the powertrain control module as a preventative measure. I have only 9975 miles on my 18' Raptor

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WILCO, thank you Sir

1 - 11 of 11 Posts