F-150 Raptor Forums banner

881 - 889 of 889 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, that is very promising, you guys must really be pushing them to have seen something like that. It seems like most of the kits I have seen are quite substantial so I am surprised that someone was able to bend one. It is amazing how capable these vehicles are without any modification at all. Hope your enjoying yours!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been off road a total of 4 times... The Raptor Run was my only high speed trip, except a run across the dry lake at Johnson Valley.

If you put your truck on a lift, it would be very easy to find similar scratches. The shock covers have me puzzled as to why they look sand blasted, as well as the bolts, etc... Front wheels spraying them?
At this point I'm concerned even to comment as Ford may be watching this forum for possible customers that may agree or disagree with this thread. As for the sand blasted shock covers yes they are very weak it only takes one trip of high speed running will damage or waste the covers I know a guy that went on a two day trip (land rush 1000) after the first day one of the covers was hanging by the fact that it had been cut into and the top portion had slid down and covered the bottom portion the other one looked just like yours. As for the scratches on the skid plate like you stated this is NOT excessive ware as there isn't any sign of damage this is a SKID plate. Not on a chrome plated show truck but OFF road truck this disappoints me with Ford but on the other side of the coin if they has paid for your frame to be straighten we all know that they would be held to pay for everyone else. That's probably the main cause for denial unfortunaly that sucks for you but they are looking at the big picture.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just read what is still here. Thanks to BlueSVT for bringing the issue up and being the sacrificial lamb. Because of this thread I walked away from two raptors until I found my virgin 2011 Raptor with 2K miles. Time to mod.....thanks agian!

·
Registered
92 Posts
They have made no changes to the frame for the 2013. If you plan on using your truck off road, do your research and purchase one of the bump kits from Outlaw, RPG, SDHQ or ADD. They all offer something a little different, so choose the one you feel will work best for you. Put a set of Deavors or National springs in the back and adjust the front to the middle perch and your truck will be set up for just about anything you want to do. Congrats on your new truck and have fun with it.

This is not true. There is a thread on this forum or another site with pictures showing that Ford doubled up the metal in the area where the frame bends. As an engineer welding in a plate in that area like it looks like Ford did for 2013 is better than the bolt on stiffening plate. SDHQ also reported on that thread that they had to redesign part of the stiffening kit for 2013 frames. Based on what I read I think the stiffening plate may be redundant for 2013 frames given the change Ford made.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just got my 2013 Raptor about a month ago. From what I am reading Ford has corrected this problem. Is that true?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just got my 2013 Raptor about a month ago. From what I am reading Ford has corrected this problem. Is that true?
IDK if they fixed the problem, but in my case, I don't think so.

Just dropped my truck off at the dealer day for service and addressing my bed issue. The rear passenger side of the bed is about .5" higher ( based on the gap from the tail gate to the top of the bumper ). The alignment of the tailgate to the rear panels alignment is fine but when your looking at the truck from the rear its clear one side is higher.

Anywhos, the dealer called and said that they looked at the frame and everything was "fine" and that MOST Raptor owners don't really CARE about these little things and couldn't do much to help with my issues with the bed.

So will be heading to another dealer tomorrow to see if I can get it warrantied and fixed ( haven't read thru all the pages of this tread to know where everyone is at ).

My truck is a 2013 sc with 32k miles. the ONLY offloading she has done is driving in the desert to go shooting.

881 - 889 of 889 Posts