F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a leveling kit for the Raptor. Does anyone have any news on the availability of one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm looking for a leveling kit for the Raptor. Does anyone have any news on the availability of one.
I have Truxxx working on a spacer kit for the front.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm not sure I'd want to put a leveling kit on a Raptor. Any other truck, yeah, but the Raptor is not just any other truck and this suspension is dialed in. If you are looking to clear a bigger tire, consider a body lift.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree with above poster. Funny how bothered I was about the antenna scraping in and out of my garage enough to replace it with a shorter one, but having the ass in the air makes no difference to me. I actually care more about how it sits when loaded. If you have it level or almost level without any weight, as soon as you hook up a trailer the darn thing will sit with the grill pointing to the sky. That to me looks much worse than any sort of “ass in the air” look unloaded. I see so many lifted truckes that it’s obvious they tried to level and ended up too much height in front. Or when they accelerate from a stop the body rolls back and looks even worse, I just don’t get it, I don’t see how that could look anything but silly. I guess if you never ever plan to tow or put 500+ lbs in the bed then fine, but I wouldn’t want to limit the truck so much for something so trivial. To each his or her own I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A small spacer shouldn't affect ride quality or suspension performance in the least. It may reduce the amount of shock travel if the shock isn't spaced as well, but unless you are jumping it or racing it, it shouldn't matter on the street or light trail duty. It doesn't need bigger tires, but it does look a little low in the front IMHO. I'd put a spacer in personally. Alot of guys put spacers in the FJ's and Jeeps for a budget boost with no ill effects. But if you go much more than an inch, you'll need longer shocks or to space those as well. Not sure what is possible on the Raptor, but 1-1.5" spacer should do the trick anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Even a small spacer will limit travel. Not much, but some. If the truck is going to be a pavement princess, by all means stick one in because it will still have twice as much travel as your average Chevy. But if you are going to get the full benefits of this truck, don't do a leveler.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Spacers don't limit travel at all unless the A arms have some kind of down travel limiter. S10s have a bump stop made on the frame to stop the upper A arm from traveling down past that point. My Titan and, from what I can tell from the pictures, the F150s do not have anything to limit down travel. All coil-over front suspensions will space the shock and spring both, as they are a single unit, just like struts. Most leveling kits use 2" spacers that will give you 2" more ground clearance, plus the ability to add more clearance if there is enough room front to rear of the fender well to use larger tires. So spacers are actually better suited for off-road. If you want a pavement princess, you would go the other way and lower it for better cornering on-road.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I agree about leveling. Look at the Raptor R they ran at Baja. It looks better with the front end a little higher.

·
Registered
126 Posts
any word yet?
They were scheduled out here today but my other truck is waiting on a steering link. As soon as it comes in, they will pick it up and make one for it.

I checked the travel on the cotrol arms when we had it apart doing the gears.
There is another couple inches of droop before the joints bind and the upper hits the spring.
Using a small spacer at the top will have no effect on travel and will not change the ride quality or shock set-up.

It will, however, transfer a littl more weight to the back and eliminate the rake.

·
Registered
157 Posts
They were scheduled out here today but my other truck is waiting on a steering link. As soon as it comes in, they will pick it up and make one for it.

I checked the travel on the cotrol arms when we had it apart doing the gears.
There is another couple inches of droop before the joints bind and the upper hits the spring.
Using a small spacer at the top will have no effect on travel and will not change the ride quality or shock set-up.

It will, however, transfer a littl more weight to the back and eliminate the rake.
Thats awesome. Let me know when they get one made up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got my Taco finished and scheduled the Truxxx guys to come out next week.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's supposed to be back here today.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Level kit installed

Truxxx designed the lift to make the truck level and said they cycled the travel and it has not changed. The shock still rides in the same spot. I drove it and it drives identical.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Very nice did they say how much of a lift it was?

·
Registered
126 Posts
They said just under 2"

·
Registered
290 Posts
That does look nice now but the first time I hooked up my trailer that ass would sag more than a fat lady.

I'd then have to put overload springs in back to try to keep her level, then I would be messing with the tune of the suspension.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not much trailering for me, just my boy's Joyner Sand Viper. It weighs 800lbs and tounge weight is about 80.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks good I dunno if im just trippin out but it seem like the front looks a bit higher than the back but maybe im wrong.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks good I dunno if im just trippin out but it seem like the front looks a bit higher than the back but maybe im wrong.
Could be the camera operator or angle.
Here is another shot

1 - 20 of 231 Posts