1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,251 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
GASGASMAN,

What dealerships due you work at? We are looking to have the lightbar and lights hooked up along with general maintenance. We are in the Pearland area.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm at Helfman Ford in Stafford.
Seems like I should be at Southern Ford, only a couple miles from tha house.:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any ACTUAL measurement of a Raptor's height (vs SPECS)

Hi all,
I know the spec sheet shows the height is 78.4 in. however the clearance bar of my work garage is set at 78 in. (I went and measured it..., sign says 6'4=76 in.).
This is so far what is preventing me to buy this awesome truck :shakehead:, so did anybody already measure precisely the actual height of their Raptor ?
I would say the easiest way would be to measure the clearance above the roof while in your garage.
[yes I know I could air down the tires or drive with a few tons of sand in the bed, or ask Ford to develop an electronic suspension... :4-dontknow:]
Thanks for your help, I WANT to buy this truck !

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hi all,
I know the spec sheet shows the height is 78.4 in. however the clearance bar of my work garage is set at 78 in. (I went and measured it..., sign says 6'4=76 in.).
This is so far what is preventing me to buy this awesome truck :shakehead:, so did anybody already measure precisely the actual height of their Raptor ?
I would say the easiest way would be to measure the clearance above the roof while in your garage.
[yes I know I could air down the tires or drive with a few tons of sand in the bed, or ask Ford to develop an electronic suspension... :4-dontknow:]
Thanks for your help, I WANT to buy this truck !
My underground garage at work has a clearance bar which reads 6'4...so at 76 inches, I thought it was a deal breaker to own a Raptor as a DD.
-But I measured the actual clearance (got some comments from office coworkers) and it was closer to 80"
-The Raptor measures 78.6 so it's a tight fit...But it fits!:Banana01:

·
Registered
19 Posts
So if the Raptor cab is 7" wider than the stock F-150 cab where did it come from? Is it an F-250 cab or what? Can't imagine Ford making s special cab for a limited production vehicle.

Well, weight wise It's gotta be an F-150 so the width demensions they refer to (7" wider) must be the tire to tire and not the cab, right? This must be a standard F-150 super cab.

noelvm

·
Registered
697 Posts
So if the Raptor cab is 7" wider than the stock F-150 cab where did it come from? Is it an F-250 cab or what? Can't imagine Ford making s special cab for a limited production vehicle.

Well, weight wise It's gotta be an F-150 so the width demensions they refer to (7" wider) must be the tire to tire and not the cab, right? This must be a standard F-150 super cab.

noelvm
Cab and bed inside dimensions are same size a regular F-150.
Tire to tire, as well as fenders, are 7" wider.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Wow, this truck is not going to fit in my garage. The width at the door is 92", and the Raptor is 85.3 exlcuding mirrors. The lenght of the garage is 17' and the Raptor is 18.4'.

My home is an Old Florida home were the single car port got turned into a garage. Even if the truck would fit. I ain't kicking the Harley out. :D

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wow, this truck is not going to fit in my garage. The width at the door is 92", and the Raptor is 85.3 exlcuding mirrors. The lenght of the garage is 17' and the Raptor is 18.4'.

My home is an Old Florida home were the single car port got turned into a garage. Even if the truck would fit. I ain't kicking the Harley out. :D

Even with mirrors NOT folded, the widest part of the truck are fenders.
Not going to help you much, but at least you know that 92" wide door would work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts