F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Having an issue where when I engage the 4wd on my raptor; it begins to have to have a clunk. Usually happens when I give it some gas. The video is above if you can give me any advise on what the problem may be.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue but only when I’m off-reading. When I was at the dunes and punching it hard, it would clunk in the deep stuff. If I let off then it would go away and drive smoothly. A friend researched it and thought it was the vacuum system disengaging and then rengaging it. I have not gone to the dealer yet since it drives fine under normal conditions.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Having an issue where when I engage the 4wd on my raptor; it begins to have to have a clunk. Usually happens when I give it some gas. The video is above if you can give me any advise on what the problem may be.

Thanks
Did you ever get this problem fixed? What was the issue? Mine is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you ever get this problem fixed? What was the issue? Mine is doing the same thing.
Still haven’t haven’t gotten this fixed yet not really an issue when I’m driving regular but my mechanic believes it is the axel or hub is slightly messed up which is causing it clunk under pressure. Please let me know if you figure out anything. Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still haven’t haven’t gotten this fixed yet not really an issue when I’m driving regular but my mechanic believes it is the axel or hub is slightly messed up which is causing it clunk under pressure. Please let me know if you figure out anything. Thank you
Will do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on my ‘14, having my transfer case replaced fortunately on an extended warranty.
Hope this helps. Best.. N

1 - 6 of 6 Posts