F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new here, and posting on behalf of a friend here in Dubai. We went off-road and decided to run a hill on steep incline. While accelerating, a bump caused the front end to "bump", and a grinding sound could be heard. In normal 2 wheel mode, the sound isn't audible, but on locking 4 wheels, slight grinding could be heard. There was a leak, and I have taken a pic of a visible crack. Can someone help me out? Is this a differential mounting?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
You have definitely crack the differential housing. Is this the only place it crack? Or is the other side cracked as well.

·
Administrator
1,587 Posts
Well, that does not look good ! Wouldn't be attempting 4x4 until it is repaired. Must have got banged hard....truck needs to be inspected for further damage. I can't tell from pic if it is diff or mount, but either way, it's damaged and needs fixing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that is the only visible crack when inspected, we were in the desert when I took this pic. We drove it back without 4x4 locked in, and I believe the same thing you are saying. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts