F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
They will in fact there are a few UTube videos out there showing folks installing these on the Gen 1 trucks. You do have to retain/reuse some components from your Gen1 shocks for this to work.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is it truly worth it (I.E. ride, handling, performance, etc) to install the Gen 2 shocks instead of just getting the Gen 1s rebuilt ?
My Gen 1 (2013) is going on 9 years old.
Just weighing my options.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The latest gen 2 shocks are electronically controlled. Your gen 1 does not have the harness connection for these controls....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mike, it's actually the Gen 3 shocks that are controlled the Gen 2 and 1 are not live wired. And really the difference between the Gen 2 and 1 is just a little difference in length oherwise, they are pretty much the same shock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mike, it's actually the Gen 3 shocks that are controlled the Gen 2 and 1 are not live wired. And really the difference between the Gen 2 and 1 is just a little difference in length oherwise, they are pretty much the same shock.
I was waiting for the return of the V8 to call it Gen 3... But ok, I stand corrected!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What would be a reasonable price for front shocks?. They were taken off a 2018 raptor at 5k miles and they are selling then for $450 for both. 🤔

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is very reasonable price, the challenge is unless you can pick the shocks up it will cost over $200 to ship these.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gen 2 began running fox live valve shocks as of 2019. I have one the shocks are orange and not blue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts