F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what’s should do for front suspension to level the truck off in the front .Should I go with a leveling kit 11/2or 21/2 or should I put on front springs ? I hate the nose dive in of the truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anybody know what’s should do for front suspension to level the truck off in the front .Should I go with a leveling kit 11/2or 21/2 or should I put on front springs ? I hate the nose dive in of the truck.
I just installed ICON 2.25” level and it sits leveled, if anything when I keep starring at it for a while it might be .25” high in the front but hard to say. On my truck 2” would have been perfect but 2.5” would definitely sit too high in the front and 1.5” would be way too low in the front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
These shocks are designed to be extended 2”, without using a leveling kit. If you take it to a 4-wheel drive shop that is knowledgeable, they will remove the front shocks, extend them 2” and reinstall them. Then you will need to get a front wheel alignment. I used 2” leveling kit for several years, and I had a persistent squeak, I took it to a 4-wheel drive shop in Lake Charles, Louisiana, and they discovered that the leveling kit spacers were rubbing the inside of my front shocks, causing the squeaky noise. At that point and time, the guy informed me that these shocks were designed to be extended 2”, Ford designed them that way. Ever since I had that done, it has been great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
These shocks are designed to be extended 2”, without using a leveling kit. If you take it to a 4-wheel drive shop that is knowledgeable, they will remove the front shocks, extend them 2” and reinstall them. Then you will need to get a front wheel alignment. I used 2” leveling kit for several years, and I had a persistent squeak, I took it to a 4-wheel drive shop in Lake Charles, Louisiana, and they discovered that the leveling kit spacers were rubbing the inside of my front shocks, causing the squeaky noise. At that point and time, the guy informed me that these shocks were designed to be extended 2”, Ford designed them that way. Ever since I had that done, it has been great.
Bottom line, you don’t need to invest in a leveling kit, you will invest less money to have the shocks extended with less parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bump up the spring preload on the front shocks, no cost other than your time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts