F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob here in NJ and 1st time truck owner here and I’m close to a very good deal on 2012 super crew blue flame 6.2 with 80k on the dash. I’ve test drove it once. Trans shifted sluggish at first but as I drove it more the tans seemed to be more responsive. The beast is at well known ford dealer here in NJ and hasn’t been thru service yet fully. CARFAX looked good however I’m unsure if I should have the shocks rebuilt right at the dealer before I take delivery? I am confident with the 6.2 engine it’s tried and true. Have any of you early g1 owners upgraded from the standard sync 1 system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just picked one up for $33 at 93k miles 5/60k warranty bumper to bumper and power train through the dealership. I am very happy with it. Hope you swoop.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Noob here in NJ and 1st time truck owner here and I’m close to a very good deal on 2012 super crew blue flame 6.2 with 80k on the dash. I’ve test drove it once. Trans shifted sluggish at first but as I drove it more the tans seemed to be more responsive. The beast is at well known ford dealer here in NJ and hasn’t been thru service yet fully. CARFAX looked good however I’m unsure if I should have the shocks rebuilt right at the dealer before I take delivery? I am confident with the 6.2 engine it’s tried and true. Have any of you early g1 owners upgraded from the standard sync 1 system?
That raptor will last a LONG time!!! The 6.2 is an awesome motor! Run synthetic oil in it and your good to go! New a guy with 160k on his and still running 💪

1 - 8 of 8 Posts