F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2013 F-150 xlt 2w/d now but will be getting a new raptor. I can get a 2020 in two months or wait for the 2021.any thoughts on this guys?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,looking forward to finding trails.wondering if its worth it to wait for the 2021?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Complete suspension change for 2021. Buyers beware. Not too sure if this is good. Ladder bars panard bar rear coil suspension.

·
Registered
242 Posts
No more rear leaf springs. No V8 either. I checked. I definitely would buy a 2020 before they are done with the model year. Not a fan of the upcoming changes. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all who are helping me with this decision. Kinda down between the raptor and roush sc.the look of the Raptor is incredibly awesome! But 650 h.p. is great alt8the raptor interior is amazing. Thanks to all !

·
Registered
200 Posts
I saw a picture of some kinda coil or bag suspension on the test mule raptor. I suspect that the shock and spring will be separate, unless they use helper bags for towing. Then that perch on the axle may be for air bags. Either way, no leaf springs were present on test mule.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Interesting, is that why the raptor has less tow capability than other trucks? Because it's a 6 cylinder or because it has a lot of suspension travel? Would like to have a toy hauler one day.im sure any raptor would be fine though. Been looking at 2017,18 and 19s

·
Registered
200 Posts
Suspension is the issue with towing. I tow a 3,000 boat and the suspension moves quite a bit when going over bumps and dips. I saw some bigger bump stops designed to reduce sag when towing. They will not increase towing capability but they will reduce squat and sag.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you,that makes sense due to the large amount of travel.im thinking of getting a toy hauler one of these days to pull behind my future raptor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts