F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauge lights stay on after truck is parked happens intermittently no reason.Thought I had bumped interior/dash dimmer switch.Out side cargo dome not on only tach and speedo. Had gauges go dim while driving 3 weeks ago could not brighten had to turn ignition on and off then everything back to normal. Same condition with gauges. Dealer says no codes and could not duplicate. They are clueless to a fix.Has this happened to anyone else. 2014
screw?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Gauge lights stay on after truck is parked happens intermittently no reason.Thought I had bumped interior/dash dimmer switch.Out side cargo dome not on only tach and speedo. Had gauges go dim while driving 3 weeks ago could not brighten had to turn ignition on and off then everything back to normal. Same condition with gauges. Dealer says no codes and could not duplicate. They are clueless to a fix.Has this happened to anyone else. 2014
screw?
Got a '14 and have owned every model year Raptor since 2010 , not to mention 5 year veteran of this forum.
Dude !
You are first to post this problem !:shakehead:

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
You might have 2 issues, the dash lights will go dim if the light sensor picks up dark or bright outside lighting, but the nav screen goes dim as well if you have that too.
Is it just the speedo and tach gauges staying on? or is it all of the dash lights and is it only the dash lights and not the interior dome light?

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Just going to add, if the interior dash lights stay on again, try hitting the remote to lock the doors, do the lights go dim and go out then?

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Okay, so I just pulled my raptor out of the garage and then pulled it back into the garage so it was dark, pulled the keys out and shut the door, the speedo and tach gauges only stay lit, the nav and console stuff was off already, tried locking with remote and doors lock of course but the tach and speedo stay lit, after 5 secs (didn't use a timer) they shut off. Is this what yours is doing? Or are yours staying on forever?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me refine my original post. Park the truck for the night does not matter if I lock doors or not. Dash goes dark as normal.Come out in morning and speedo
and tach lit up. Now tach,speedo and cluster with fuel,temp,ect are all lit.Not dome light just these gauges.Turning ignition on puts all back to normal
Pushing remote for door locks does not change condition. Going back to dealer to try and duplicate over nite. Parts manager said some older Fords and Lincolns did this with bad door key pads. They say key pad, headlight switch and interior dome switch on same module. They wont change any switches until they get a code in the computer. Bill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After all this time they have finally fixed problem Replaced shifter mechanism. There is a micro switch on it that go's bad. 99 cent switch only sold on shifter
glad it was under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar issue, the vehicle would go dead overnight. I had a 3.5 amp draw with the vehicle off and all systems off. The instrument cluster stayed lit for awhile after turning the truck off. Upon closer inspection, the "P" for park was not lit. I pulled fuse 11 for the instrument cluster and the 3.5 amp draw went away. Replaced the shifter park sensor and problem fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts