F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reminded today yet again why I can't stand the 'dealership experience'.

I start to work with this guy (the internet sales guy over phone/email), making it clear from the first moment that I want to order a Raptor, that I'm in no hurry to get the truck and that I'm willing to wait to get exactly what I want. I then tell him I'm willing to pay MSRP, no more and I wont press for less. Of course he's perfectly fine with all that and it sounds like we're in for a very smooth and quick transaction.

A dozen contacts later and he's found a truck that is pretty close to what I'm looking for. No problem I say; just remove the stuff I dont want (nav, reverse camera and graphics) or leave them in/on and don't charge me for them. Or... better yet, and again, let me order what I want.

Nope. He's done. He says "Sorry, I can't help you" and that's the last I hear.

I went thru a broker last time, and I guess I'm bound for a broker again this time. I guess I'll just never understand why dealerships need to be so freaking slimey. I guess the whole order process is too much work for this guy; much better to push for the quick sale or move on to someone who doesn't have a backbone.

Thanks for letting me rant. Onward and upward I'm looking forward to joining the 'family' soon!

·
Registered
61 Posts
There are good dealers and bad, Mine was outstanding, did everything I wanted. I would say find another and be up front. I have found when you flat out tell the dealer that you know what you want and you are looking for someone that Wants to sell a car they are more then happy to assist. Normally dealers get alot of people that are wanting to buy but dont have the cash. I made it easy on my dealer, I went to him with a bank note saying the amount I was preaproved for and walked out 30 minutes later with a Raptor on order

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well so far so very good. I'm working with a broker that did what he could to find my perfect truck in the state, but came up empty. He then found which dealer was next in line with Ford corp for order acceptance/processing/delivery, and we placed an order with them. Truck should be at my door in 6 or so weeks, built to order and, get this... at invoice... before any rebates/offerings from Ford that might be offered at that time.

My total invested time at this point has been maybe 1 hour on the phone and in emails, filling out forms and spec'ing the truck.

Starting to get excited!

·
Registered
98 Posts
yeah i do not like the dealerships here except for one or two, the only one that has a raptor wants me to take it now but for one it is black with graphics which i do not understand the whole black on black that ford likes to do. Then it has Nav which i am still on the ropes about. But i just mention the idea of ordering a truck and the guy just goes on about how he can find me one and how the wait for the 6.2L is not worth it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Seriously?

I appreciate your dedication to your budget but you were asking for a HUGE freebie with that Sync system and graphics. It's worth every freakin' penny of it too. I'm tellin' ya, on the trail, I can drive 20mph backwards with the camera. The phone hook up and nav is spectacular. The Sony sound system is awesome. And you wanted it for free? Sign me up for free stuff too! (krap, I'm beginning to sound like an Obama supporter now)

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate your dedication to your budget but you were asking for a HUGE freebie with that Sync system and graphics. It's worth every freakin' penny of it too. I'm tellin' ya, on the trail, I can drive 20mph backwards with the camera. The phone hook up and nav is spectacular. The Sony sound system is awesome. And you wanted it for free? Sign me up for free stuff too! (krap, I'm beginning to sound like an Obama supporter now)
Who are ya talking to Huck? Me? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
160 Posts

Sorry but that is freaking funny! :smileup:

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well yeah it was :gy: but if he was talkin to me he missed the whole point (and the part where I said I didn't want the stuff anyway) :doh:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well, you have a point about the removal. How much is shop labor? Then they have some used stuff to decide what to do with, can't stock it. And the graphics, they're ruined upon removal and aren't reusable. And you have them dismantling a brand new truck and working on the brand new paint to get the graphics off. Nah.

Were I the salesman, I'd just order up what you wanted, period.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, you have a point about the removal. How much is shop labor? Then they have some used stuff to decide what to do with, can't stock it. And the graphics, they're ruined upon removal and aren't reusable. And you have them dismantling a brand new truck and working on the brand new paint to get the graphics off. Nah.<br />
<br />
Were I the salesman, I'd just order up what you wanted, period.
:smileup: Well that was kinda the idea. I told the guy from the start I wanted to order what I wanted. Then, he presents me this truck that isn't at all what I told him I wanted... so I gave him the option; remove the stuff, leave it on there and don't charge me for it, or let me order what I want. Seems fair to me... apparently he didn't think so :i_rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts