F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The day after I brought the truck home I started the mods. First was the middle perch adjustment. Did the left side in the truck and for some reason the spring compresor I had would not compress the spring on the right side enough. Ended up pulling it out of the truck and if I ever do another set I will just pull them.. I feel it's faster and much quicker.
After that was completed I installed the Stainless Works Headers and Magna Flow ex. All I can say is insatalling these headers in your driveway, sucks. Then I installed the Five Star Tune and AFE intake.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
great build. thanks for sharing.

how do you like the grabbers - are they 35's?

do you notice better shifting patterns with the 5-star tune?

thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Wiz. I enjoyed watching your build while I was waiting for my truck.

flagbonz. Thank you. So far the Grabbers have been great. Only about 600 miles on them so far. I took the truck to Pismo Beach this weekend. 240 miles each way and then ran around in the sand dunes. I aired down to about 15 psi and they seemed to work good. They are 35's and I rubbed the upper wheel well once under full compresion, so I am glad I went with them instead of the 37's.

The five star tune is great. Shifts hard and in off road mode holds the gear for a very long time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Amigo Raptor, the front Fox shocks have three setting by adjusting a snap ring. From Ford the shocks are set at the lowest setting and the truck sits with the front lower then the back. By adjusting it to the middle it raises it 1 3/4 inches and the truck sits real close to level. If you go to the top, it will sit nose high. There are plety of threads on here that go into depth on how to complete the job. The SDHQ web site has step by step instructions.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Amigo Raptor, the front Fox shocks have three setting by adjusting a snap ring. From Ford the shocks are set at the lowest setting and the truck sits with the front lower then the back. By adjusting it to the middle it raises it 1 3/4 inches and the truck sits real close to level. If you go to the top, it will sit nose high. There are plety of threads on here that go into depth on how to complete the job. The SDHQ web site has step by step instructions.

Thanks mi amigo for the explanation

·
Registered
161 Posts
truck looks great, im in SF with an 2011 tuxedo black awaiting shipping of an ADD bumper.... what percentage tint did you use?

1 - 20 of 295 Posts