F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the shifter surround have illuminated lights in the gear selection display on your trucks?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, mine does not light up, I didn't want to take it in and seem like a moron when they say that doesn't light up.

·
Banned
62 Posts
You dont have to feel like a moron when you take the truck in. The way these trucks are wired that could be a simple deal or a nightmare, a bulb, fuse or a whole harness. Point is the truck has a warrenty and they should take care of it, thats part of the price you paid for the thing. I dont know if I would make a trip just for that but at some point they would fix it.-----------Larry

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it was supposed to illuminate. Also, my truck came with the wheel weights that clamp on to the outside of the rim, which I do not like, I want the wheel weights that stick on the inside of the wheel. And my grill and one headlight seem to be slightly mis-aligned??

·
Registered
915 Posts
These are big tires, and all that I have seen come with the weights on the outside of the rim. You would have a stack of weights if you tried putting them on the inside, and depending on brake clearence, you may not be able to.

EDIT:

I see you have changed the head lights (assuming just the bulbs), are you sure you put the light back in straight? Would hate for you to bring it in, have them realize it was something you did, and then get charged shop time for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's true, I'll have to check out the light and make sure it's in all the way before I take it in. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yea, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it was supposed to illuminate. Also, my truck came with the wheel weights that clamp on to the outside of the rim, which I do not like, I want the wheel weights that stick on the inside of the wheel. And my grill and one headlight seem to be slightly mis-aligned??
thats the first thing i did to my truck. I had the wheels and tires road force balanced, and they put all the weights on the inside of the wheel. It looks a lot better and being road force balanced it is smoother.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
thats the first thing i did to my truck. I had the wheels and tires road force balanced, and they put all the weights on the inside of the wheel. It looks a lot better and being road force balanced it is smoother.
Just a little note on the wheel weight thing..
As was eluded to earlier, If you put the weights on the inside you can run the risk of losing them if the truck see's any mud. I no most people don't use there trucks as aggressively as I do but the inside of my rims are damaged from rocks getting caught between the caliper and the rims. These rocks will take inner stick on weights right off..
Just say-in
:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
Does the shifter surround have illuminated lights in the gear selection display on your trucks?

Yes your - P,R,N,D,3,2,1 - should be illuminated, the same as all other dash gauges. just remember it will only come on, along with the other gauge lights when the light sensor, located center dash near windshield, senses there is inadequate exterior light.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2020, I have seen mine illuminated before. Currently they are not. In addition to those not working the backlight for the 2 USB plug ins are not illuminated either, and they have been before. About 4500 miles on the truck. Nothing aftermarket has been done. I sat in the garage and turned up the dimmer to max, also ambient lighting. They still don’t work. Magic button somewhere?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts