F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SVT Raptor 6.6L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard about a gen 2 steering wheel being installed into a gen 1. I love the sound of this as I'd really like paddle shifting capabilities. I've searched but not found any details about if and how this actually works or how to go about making it happen. Has anyone successfully done this?

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m interested in this as well. I’m guessing as long as the airbag is compatible from gen 1 to gen 2 steering wheels, the rest could be figured out with some wiring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would make sure your gen one can be paddle/electronically shifted.
Basically if you don't have the up/down button on the shifter you can not...
My 2010 does not.. I think that trans was available in 2013. (Not verified just info)

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need a Gen 2 steering wheel, clock spring and airbag. You will need a different set
of buttons for the steering wheel too. Then you need a wiring harness and circuit boards from eco power parts, it’s all pretty easy. Replace boards in the switch’s, wire it up with the harness and install the new clock spring and steering wheel. I am pretty sure the 2011’s and up had the select shift on the shifter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am interested n this as well. I’m constantly using the manual shifter. I mean how else do I get to hear that Corsa burp?
Dboo, thank you for the overview. I like your confidence but that sounds a little challenging….replacing circuit boards and running harnesses. No doubt though, your set up looks great.

Would be great to see someone do a video on this install. Sure seems like a big audience for this in Gen 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts