F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Temp gauge flies up when she kicks down, drops like a rock when RPMs do...only stays cool in OD or one gear down.
Was pulling about 4k, 90*-100*. No oil in coolant and no coolant in oil. Looking at rad from front, one side is clean, the right side is dusty..馃 Never flashes warnings, gauge just approaches upper end and stays until rpm drops to 2k or so.
Did same last year on same annual crawdad trip, replaced rad and stat. No issues since, even pulling same load all Winter. Anybody have input?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
looks like the easiest pump replacement I have ever done. The impeller seems to be some pretty thin, stamped material.
I have a buddy with the Ford laptop, if all checks out good with fans etc...will toss a pump on.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Pumps are less than $40 on the zon...put one and a belt on it. Neither looked bad in any way. About 15 minutes to do, so....
Don't think it will help with issue 馃槙

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Might have to hook it to the trailers and pull a grade to manifest trouble, plus it cooled down drastically as of late..so no. Will try to get that done with the laptop and my buddy soon, it's supposed to get 100* again shortly.
I let it rev 4k going down the road for about 5min with no sign of climbing temps, but did the same last year after rad and stat and was the same.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Not according to gauge...should have scrolled the screen for an actual temp, probably.

Registered
I can't see good look at the front of your truck from the avatar, Is it possible the that plate on your bumper and lights are blocking the airflow to the radiator?
If thats the case, maybe put an auxiliary fan on the front of the radiator and push some extra air through it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts