F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any word on when Ford will begin taking orders on the 6.2?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Damn, I got excited when I saw a new thread about the 6.2. I ordered mine through the military exchange and their current info is that it will be ready to order in Dec.. My order is for a 6.2 but is currently built as a 5.4, it switches over to a 6.2 as soon as it becomes available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
6.2 crystal ball

went in last week to price one that local dealer had on lot.when i questioned him about 6.2 he said it would be fall of 2010 before we saw the 6.2.may have been a sales ploy,nah-they never do that.it would be nice if someone had a definite answer.i suspect that the first we will really know is when the dealerships get the order option downloaded-at the last minute.

·
Registered
98 Posts
LOL my salesman told me that we would not see a 6.2L untill March of 2011 so really you can not trust your sales people. More than likely the DEC date seems more reasonable than the fall of 2010 or even spring of 2011.

·
Registered
45 Posts
went to the dealer today and was told in Jan. the order banks are supposed to open. Also told me over all deman has not been that high - for a number of reasons but mostly we agreed the lack of mainstream marketing by ford on these. If you are not into cars you don't know about them.

SVT hot line confirmed Jan the other day too.

My dealer sales person is super cool and I trust her (as much as possible anyway). She gave me a mag. they had with Raptor info in it but it says nothing new other than also Jan. orders and March delivery of the 6.2 at 400/400 power ratings. cool of her to give it to me though -was the only one they had.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOL my salesman told me that we would not see a 6.2L untill March of 2011 so really you can not trust your sales people. More than likely the DEC date seems more reasonable than the fall of 2010 or even spring of 2011.

That's for sure. I went to the dealer 2 weeks ago to ask about a Raptor.

The salesman looked at me like a was coming from Jupiter or something :shakehead: He didn't know what a was talking about. :doh:

·
Registered
797 Posts
I've been hearing the same thing I've been checking with my dealer once a week and finally they said late Dec and a March delivery!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My dealer is checking for order availability every week. He is going to call me just as soon as the window to order a 6.2 is open.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts