F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How durable is it? Is it likely to be intact in 10 years? Also, how obvious is it that it's a sticker and not a paint job from up close?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The whole box side is a decal. Not just individual decals placed all over.

My truck is black with black decals that have a slight tint of blue in them. Barely noticeable in a picture.

The decal is the same color as the paint, can't tell its a decal from more than 5' away.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definitely a decal. Hides the shine of the paint. And no, I think the decal will not last long at all. One edge on mine was already curled up just waiting for a pressure washer to take it off. I looked at my truck long and hard and then took a heat gun an ripped the graphics off one side. Looked a lot better! Couldn't wait to get the other side off.

·
Registered
152 Posts
nothing like burning up a 1000 dollars lol, any vinyl shop could do it cheaper and better imo i mean make better graphics lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
Definitely a decal. Hides the shine of the paint. And no, I think the decal will not last long at all.
I also suspected this would be the case, although I like the graphics look, I don't like the idea of it being on a large piece of vinyl.

You can always polish out the small scratches in the clearcoat.

jmho.

·
Registered
83 Posts
another op is to have it clear coated over the graphics.. did this with my roush mustang on the hood scoop were it said roushcharged. not sure the cost to clear the bed and doors thow. might not be worth it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Like the graphics

So far all you have heard is negative about the graphics on the truck, here is some positive. I have a blue flame Raptor and love the graphics that are on the truck. Have gotten nothing but great comments about them from all who see it. I live on a military base and there are lots of young car enthusiasts and they love the truck. I have not had one negative comment about the looks so far. And the durability so far has been good. I inspect a lot and have had no peeiling or other issues. Just my .02. Have had her since Jan 2010.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Banned
6 Posts
I love the graphics also!!! I think the truck loos great with or without them.. Its just personal preference... Down the road 10 years from now if they get messed up I can remove them and have shiny paint under them... No complaints here

·
Registered
136 Posts
My graphics looked really cheap and i took them off a week after i bought the truck and couldn be happier about how it looks without them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Raptor owner here... Just traded the ole Vette in! I'm about to do the whole claybar/zaino thing. How do you handle the decal graphics? Can you wax over them? Carefully wax around them? Help!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would never put any wax on your decals. Just wax around and you will have no worries. :)

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab using Taptalk Pro.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I always wax over my decals. No issues. You will have a Lil but of a edge of wax if you ever pull off the decals but no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts