F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer to buy a new orange Raptor today and the dealer knew nothing about the truck. When he finally located some order info he wanted to charge a $10K markup on the truck. I thanked him and told him I would fly to a dealer in Detroit to order.

Any of you guys know of a dealer that will work with A-plan here in California, Nevada or Arizona?

·
Banned
84 Posts
I don't know about A-plan, but these trucks are generally (or seemingly) not eligible for factory rebates or incentives.

Try the Fleet Manager, though. From what I'm gathering (and I spoke to one today - had a good conversation) you're looking at paying list (MSRP). They have no reason to deal a Raptor lower (even through Fleet), but you won't pay more than that either. And you can cut out the BS if you know what you want and are ready to buy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was speaking with the fleet manager. It's odd. I belong to USAA and if you order through their car buying service (affiliated with Zag), the price on a Raptor is significantly lower than MSRP. And several dealers will honor the price. If I can't find a dealer willing to do an A-plan, I will wait for the 6.2L and use the USAA service.

·
Banned
84 Posts
I have USAA too, and I didn't see their price - any tips on how to get where you went would be appreciated on this end!

I did what I thought was their car buying service, but it essentially just sent out a form to a bunch of dealers in town who then contacted me with general sales pitches...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All you have to do is log on and select the shopping and discount tab. Select the car buying tab and then the center of the page has the car buying service. I just priced an orange 5.4 with everything except the moonroof and graphics. MSRP is $45490. USAA price is $41690. $3800 below MSRP. I have offers from two dealers that will honor this price. Maybe you will need to change your zip code. I will use this service if I wait for the 6.2L and I can't get an A-Plan price.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
:wavey: Welcome to the ForumZ! Glad you joined us.
I'm sure you'll find some usefull infos here, keep us posted on your purchase

·
Banned
84 Posts
Yeah, that's what I did - model, options, etc. Selected the three dealers it listed, and it says the Dealer will give me the USAA price. So I clicked on the link to contact them, and then I got contacted by a salesman from each with a generic "Help me find what you're looking for" etc. No prices and no confirmation that they have any in stock, though they all say "we can get the car you want" etc etc. I'm not sure what the difference is in our cases. Location? Not sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I get offers from two different dealers. When I talked with the one dealer, they claimed they did not have the vehicle in stock but would honor the price. I have not given up on the A-plan yet. I will buy a 5.4 if I can get a dealer to go for the A-plan. If I don't have any luck, I will use the USAA site for the 6.2... Whenever it comes out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I pulled the trigger. I put a $1K deposit on a White Raptor today. The dealer said it would be a couple of weeks before the order will actually go into the system but I have mind. It also gives me time to change my mind back to the Molten Orange.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger. I put a $1K deposit on a White Raptor today. The dealer said it would be a couple of weeks before the order will actually go into the system but I have mind. It also gives me time to change my mind back to the Molten Orange.

CONGRATS! :smileup: Just please don't change your mind and stay with the white ! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts