F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my situation, I have already ordered my Raptor and I ordered it in black with the orange seats.... Now I am thinking about changing my order, The more that I look at the blue the more I like it with all black seats of course... what does everyone else think? It just seems that no matter where I look I am seeing them in black and orange. White is not my thing so blue is the last choice.

So Black or Blue???

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would go with blue black is way to hard to keep looking good scratches and dust just show up way to easy. Ive owned a few black vehicles and would never get one again.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would go with blue black is way to hard to keep looking good scratches and dust just show up way to easy. Ive owned a few black vehicles and would never get one again.
+1

Go with the blue.

I had a black 2005 Mustang and a black 2004 RAM SRT-10 and they were only clean until 5 minutes after washing - hard to enjoy a vehicle that way. :4-dontknow:

My orange Raptor does a decent job of hiding the dirt.

·
Registered
59 Posts
my old 07 mustang was black and it held up pretty good with dirt n junk so i ordered my raptor black too after going back n forth between blue n black.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mine is going to be blue, I wanted a change I've had a black Lightning and yes they look very sharp when they're clean. You'll have to make your mind up, what I've heard they lock in the order faster recently for faster delivery of F-150's so that means once there locked in no changes!

·
Registered
533 Posts
My dealership just got an orange one in yesterday...and i'm pretty much sold on that color. It's amazing. I thought it would be a little too much looking at the pictures...but it's a fantastic color.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just made a change in the color I ordered. Last Tuesday I placed my order for a Blue Raptor. I was torn between the Orange and Blue. I was affraid that the Orange would be too much while the Blue didn't seem to have enough "pop" for me.

On Saturday I called up the dealer and asked if I could change my order from Blue with a Black interior to Orange with the Orange/Black interior. He called me back a few hours later and said that there was still time to make the changes.

So now I'm waiting for my Molten Orange Raptor to arrive. I think the color choice was the hardest part of the deal. I sure hope I like the Orange when it arrives...

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think you will. I saw it in person today and it was fantastic...especially with the sun shining on it. Surprisingly, the color has a lot of depth!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine is going to be blue, I wanted a change I've had a black Lightning and yes they look very sharp when they're clean. You'll have to make your mind up, what I've heard they lock in the order faster recently for faster delivery of F-150's so that means once there locked in no changes!
Yes for normal orders that is true again that is a benifit that I recieve as bing a us service member stationed overseas, I can make changes all the way up to one week before my truck starts on the line :smileup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I am going to go with the blue, I just like the color its a little different and black is very hard to keep clean... Thanks for the input!!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Unless you plan on polishing until your arms fall off go blue. I had a black and I worked in a body shop as a painter for 10 years and can tell you that you will hate it after about 2 months.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Unless you plan on polishing until your arms fall off go blue. I had a black and I worked in a body shop as a painter for 10 years and can tell you that you will hate it after about 2 months.
Some people just like black, like some like white, no matter how many reasons you can come up with why other colors are better. I am however one of those that agree with you, I will never own black again (or white).

·
Registered
173 Posts
the Blue Flame color is good at masking the dirty look... all 4 of the Raptor colors look great but Black is indeed impossible to keep looking clean

·
Registered
100 Posts
Detailing

I found a good trick that i'm sure a lot of you know about. After you detail your truck (wash,dry,polish,seal and then wax) when you have finished all those steps and it looks amazing, take a garden hose with the spray nozzle removed, let the water run all over the truck then gently (lightly dry off the remaining water). This eliminates any static that the truck may have on it. It will not attract any dust which we all know what it's like especially on a BLACK vehicle looks like after detailing. It will keep the truck looking cleaner longer. It only takes 5 minutes extra after spending a half a day on it. It works! Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think you will. I saw it in person today and it was fantastic...especially with the sun shining on it. Surprisingly, the color has a lot of depth!
Mine is orange, and at first when I first saw it I was intrigued but wasn't sold. I liked the fact that the orange was Raptor specific and was like you the first time I saw it on the lot on a nice sunny day the gold mica in the paint and the black and blues from the graphics package it had on it really made the paint pop.

The truck is far from just orange, and I love all the different color depths the paint job gives in the different times of the days and when the sun hits.

You can not go wrong with the orange in my book either!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine is orange, and at first when I first saw it I was intrigued but wasn't sold. I liked the fact that the orange was Raptor specific and was like you the first time I saw it on the lot on a nice sunny day the gold mica in the paint and the black and blues from the graphics package it had on it really made the paint pop.

The truck is far from just orange, and I love all the different color depths the paint job gives in the different times of the days and when the sun hits.

You can not go wrong with the orange in my book either!
Yep, and I find it amazingly easy to keep clean.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts