F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Raptor has arrived! I was @ work yesterday and around 5pm my salesman drove it over to show me (i work next door). Of course, I couldnt take it home last night because it wasnt inspected and all the techs left :-( But Im going to pick it up @ 10:30 this morning! WHOOOOOO HHOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congratulations!!!

Now hurry up and break the motor in so you can post some pics of it getting some AIR!!

Have fun with your new truck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my salesman said there is no break-in period! idk, im takin easy for a little bit, but just ordered my cold air intake. I pulled it up beside an 09 5.4 and popped the hood. looks identical... the air intake anyhow. I was soiling my panties, lol, so all I wanted to do was drive it. AWESOME, I'm in love and the wife is jealous of my new B#%ch.... she'll get over it!

Window tint tomoro and sprayed in bedliner next thursday

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Review,.... well, EVERYTHING is completely BADA$$!!!!! No question! the only thing I dont like, but I'll get over it, is the fact that the dash lights are controlled by a light sensor. when it's dusk they dont come on till its dark. oh well

But definitely worth the money!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, I know I could just tape over it with some electrical tape, but it would look shabby. i dont like the feature, i guess

·
Registered
111 Posts
Review,.... well, EVERYTHING is completely BADA$$!!!!! No question! the only thing I dont like, but I'll get over it, is the fact that the dash lights are controlled by a light sensor. when it's dusk they dont come on till its dark. oh well

But definitely worth the money!!!
What about the transmission? From what I have read that is the big complaint shifts too soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I followed one down the road yesterday A.M. 08/25/2009 on the delivery truck. I was drooling almost the whole time. I just kept reminding myself that it didn't have the 6.2, and mine is coming.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First gear does seem to shift too soon. Handleing and acceleration a great! It tops out @ 100mph, but there's more under there if you can get a module like the edge or diablosport to take that feature off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here it is!
Congrats on a great choice-not particlarly liking the color choice without graphics though because it has a twin 20 miles down the road. I guess it was going to happen eventially. I do love my orange, graphic free Raptor also. Everyone else likes the orange too but thats only because they have not seen the other great colors, "particlarly the blue or black" in person. I was originally going black but I thought everyone else would so I decided on the orange. Who would a thunk the orange would be the popular color in our area. Check the wiz thread for some nice easy mods. He does a great job writing them up.

Bright orange spider rock guard arrived today and will be installed tomorrow. Window tinting will come next. i may try to level the front suspension and the side vent svt lighting next. Once i apply the easy mods I hijact from the wiz thread i will be looking for way to get some more ponies from the 5.4. Very happy so far with the truck. I do have one regret though and that being not getting the 6.2. Anyway enjoy the new ride and I'll be watching out for ya.
Typical newby oversight. Forgive a green Raptor owner as I just realized this post is a year old. But since you do have all that experience in the Raptor I would be grateful if you ever revisit this thread for any info on your past experiences and mods.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts