F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 1k miles ago my truck has been downshifting harsh when slowing down and coming to a complete stop. This issue is intermittent and seems to resolved for a short period of time after turning off and on the truck but will usually be persistent til that is done.

I took it to Ford and they said it wasn't the drive shaft recall and could find nothing wrong so they told me that they re-flashed it and said it might be from "getting up on it". The truck is a 2010 6.2 with less than 11k miles. Any ideas??? :4-dontknow: Thanks

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I just love these jack a$$ dealers with the reasons for stuff..
Tell him there is a member on your forum that "get's up" on his all the time and his doesn't shift harsh.
Just a shot But this is kinda sounding like a Main Control problem. (valve body)..
In the tech's defense.(not the service wrighter) It is hard to fix something of this nature because if it's not acting up when he drives it he has no were to start from..

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
you can say there is 2 guys on the forum who get "up on it" and i know my buddy gets "up on it" in his velociraptor..... so i would take any info wiz gives you. im pretty sure they will be contacting him for his input on the 2013..... lmao. :D (honestly wouldnt surprise me.....)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot, I have been really busy working and moving into a new job so I have had little time to get on here let alone take my truck back in lol. I will be sure to inform them of that. I just think it is just really odd, it is almost like driving a stick you let it stall in first gear and the car sorta of makes a slight banging noise from the transmission (or somewhere lol) and lunges a bit forward while it stalls. Only it doesn't stall of course, it is just very similar to that. I hope I will be able to take it in next week again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had my tranny reflashed about a week ago (a TSB) and wish I wouldnt have. Now mine is doing the same as yours and the normal up shift are soft, like it slips into gear. It will be going back to hopefully get the problem resolved. I already have 27K on my 2011 so I have on get it done soon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had problems with shift flare, took my 10 in, and I received a new valve body and they flashed the tranny. The flare is gone but now I have this same problem.

Every once in a while if I come to a stop light or intersection, make a quick stop and hit the gas again to get out in front of traffic, the transmission gets hung up and then drops back into gear with a clunk. Its actually pretty dangerous where I am counting on the truck going to get in front of traffic and end up stalled out for a couple seconds.

I need to take it in...anyone successfully solve this? I have the latest valve body and flash so it has to be something else...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
havent heard anything else on the forum about this...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same issue with mine. I had it at the dealership for 3 long weeks and i was told right from ford that this was normal. I had it at the dealship 5 times and the very last time was told this is normal and there is nothing else that could be done, so i ordered a 2012 2 years later, no more problems.

·
Registered
684 Posts
My 2011 down shifts from 4-3 harsh, but only when the tranny temp is low and I hovering in the 30-40mph range.

The tsb trans updates from ford work good for a few months then the tranny starts to act up. Like it for gets it was updated lol

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
hmmm thats weird guys... are you normally the drive it like you own kinda guys or the drive it like its my fathers and i dont want him to know im driving it..... cause i drive mine pretty hard sometimes.... not like blue svt or anything :D but im not the kinda guy to put around all day...

·
Registered
3 Posts
About 1k miles ago my truck has been downshifting harsh when slowing down and coming to a complete stop. This issue is intermittent and seems to resolved for a short period of time after turning off and on the truck but will usually be persistent til that is done.

I took it to Ford and they said it wasn't the drive shaft recall and could find nothing wrong so they told me that they re-flashed it and said it might be from "getting up on it". The truck is a 2010 6.2 with less than 11k miles. Any ideas??? :4-dontknow: Thanks
An issue I had with my gen 1 was around 30mph it would drop into first. Yeah, not fun. I would get weird codes like steering angle sensor. So after losing my mind, it turned out that the coil boots on the top 8 plugs were corroded and arcing to the block causing all sorts of fun (sarcasm). So, take a listen to your motor with the hood open. See if you hear an intermittent “tick” with a slight misfire or shimmy to the motor. That could be your problem. I tossed on a fresh set of coils, dialectric grease to help prevent this issue again, and I’ve been beating this trucks ass daily. I hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts