F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford will not honor A X or Z Plans onthe Raptor.:smiledown:
The dealer may think he can get it but once they try, program headquaters will deny the request. Then he will have to tell you the bad news. :wow:Either he will eat the cost (which would be rare) or you will have to cough up more money. you better have them check first before you order................

The list on INELIGABLE VEHICLES off the AXZ Plan web site are:
•​
2010 F-150 SVT Raptor

•​
2010 Mustang Shelby GT500

•​
F-450 Chassis

•​
F-550 and above

E-450

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well I will share what my Salesman told me (He's the Buyer and Lease Manager). He said if the Dealer looks at the X-plan paper work he will see the following.

Pricing & Incentives DetailReport Generated: 09/04/2009 03:33 PMPrint this document PROFILE INFORMATIONArcelorMittal USA VEHICLE INFORMATION Model Year:2010 Vehicle:Ford F-150 Trim:XLT 4X4 SuperCab 5.5' Box SVT PRICING for Zip Code 46628 MSRP[SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE]:$38,020 X-Plan Price[SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE]:$35,096 Total Incentives[SIZE=-1]2[/SIZE]:N/A Net X-Plan Price[SIZE=-1]3[/SIZE]:$35,096

This is the F-150 Raptor with a 5.4 engine. The trucks and cars that are not eligible include the F-150 Raptor with the 6.2 engine.
I have the invoice that shows the Dealer ordering the F-150 Raptor with a 5.4 engine that includes the A/X/Z plan prices. He told me if the truck was not eligible those prices would not come up. He also got on the phone and claimed to be talking the Ford Regional Manager, to get the OK to order a 2nd Raptor as his Dealership's allocation was only 1 and he had sold 1 already. The Ford Rep OK'ed the deal as long as he could see it was for a Customer and not his Floorplan. The paperwork along with a copy of my DL and X-plan pin number were send to him to view. He OK'ed everything.
Who knows what will happen when the Truck comes in, I'll guess I will find out in about 8 to 10 weeks. But I have lease or purchase many veichles from this Saleman and he was bend over backwards to help me out.
So lifes to short to worry about it, if it happens it happens.

dly Blue Flame Raptor ordered 8-29

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there are prices on the invoice but plan headquarters will not honor them yet. I wasn't happy about it either!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
It would be interesting to see a poll of people who brought them already.

Something like this

-- Payed about MSRP

-- Payed MSRP

-- Payed below MSRP

-- Payed A-plan

-- Payed D-plan

-- Payed X-plan

-- Payed Z-plan.

If people would be honest we might could see the trend of how prices are going.

dly Blue Flame Raptor order 8-29

·
Registered
23 Posts
So assuming you can get a dealer who will give you the X-plan for a 5.4, how do you prove that you're a family/friend of a Ford employee? I'm not, but I'd love to make a new friend who is an employee :) What is the criteria?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think that is a great idea. Why wouldn't they be honest, I mean no one would even know who you were or which person lied about what anyway.

I don't think the issue is "will Ford honor the x plan or not". The issue is if someone paid x plan pricing, who cares how the dealership pulled it off. Maybe they got good pricing, maybe they sell enough vehicles that the publicity is enough, who knows, who cares.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I put $1,000 down on a 5.4l Raptor on July 29. The price I negotiated was approx $3,000 less than MSRP. Of that $3,000, the dealer was claiming that $1,000 related to some Ford Factory Rebate that was coming up in the system. I told him I didn't think there were any discounts / rebates for the Raptor and that I wouldn't give him a deposit unless he put in writing that our agreed upon price was not contingent upon any rebates. He gave me what I wanted and my Raptor is scheduled to be built next week and delivered the 3rd week in September.

The only other thing is that I'm going to try filling out a Ford Motor Credit application. I've heard that merely completing the form online gives you a $750 coupon towards the purchase of a new vehicle. Again, not sure this will work with the Raptor, but it wouldn't be money coming out of the dealership's pocket, so I don't see why they wouldn't try to push it through. We'll see.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't think the issue is "will Ford honor the x plan or not". The issue is if someone paid x plan pricing, who cares how the dealership pulled it off.
I agree. I think there are a number of people out there that have good relationships with a dealer (i.e., they buy a **** load of cars from them). In those cases, I would just think it makes sense for the dealer to give them whatever price they can to keep the relationship intact. If the customer says, "I want X-plan pricing" and the dealer is willing to comply, then it's just a matter of the discount coming out of the dealer's pocket instead of Ford's, since Ford has already said they will not honor such plans.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The only other thing is that I'm going to try filling out a Ford Motor Credit application. I've heard that merely completing the form online gives you a $750 coupon towards the purchase of a new vehicle. Again, not sure this will work with the Raptor, but it wouldn't be money coming out of the dealership's pocket, so I don't see why they wouldn't try to push it through. We'll see.
Please let us know how that works out if you don't mind. I ordered mine about a week later and it is scheduled for production mid September. If completing an app gets you $750 I would love to fill one out. :smileup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
So assuming you can get a dealer who will give you the X-plan for a 5.4, how do you prove that you're a family/friend of a Ford employee? I'm not, but I'd love to make a new friend who is an employee :) What is the criteria?
That employee has to get you a PIN number with your social, address, name, and some other info I believe.

I'm a Ford employee, so I can get people X-Plan.

I think that is a great idea. Why wouldn't they be honest, I mean no one would even know who you were or which person lied about what anyway.

I don't think the issue is "will Ford honor the x plan or not". The issue is if someone paid x plan pricing, who cares how the dealership pulled it off. Maybe they got good pricing, maybe they sell enough vehicles that the publicity is enough, who knows, who cares.
Ford made an anouncment to all employees that we could not do X-Plans if contacted by a dealer.

I've known people that have been contacted by a dealer and have them get a PIN for some random person shopping at the dealer. The customer wanted X-Plan pricing, but didn't know anyone so in order to ge the deal to go through the dealer would contact an employee. They don't want us doing that anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts