F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truth is that we just bought property in Buena Vista on the Sea of Cortez. This area is also known as East Cape, between La Paz and Cabo. 90% of roads are dirt and most are wash boards with thick sand on the sides of the road. I put the rental cars to there limits with one bent rim last trip down. This truck would be a dream come true down there. I was thinking of getting an off road buggy but now have changed my mind.
I think we'll wait for the 6.2 motor and then make a decision on motor & color. I was surprised that this forum was already up and had so many posts.
My street car is a blue 2005 Corvette C6, 400 hp, with 400 ft. lbs. of torque, it's amazing to think that I could buy a truck the same color with same hp and in its element would just as fun to drive. 80 to 100 m.p.h. on those dirt roads or in the arroyos would be a thrill in my book.
Way to go Ford. :smileup:
I also drive a Ford F350, dually, with 6 liter diesel with full banks kit and what tow vehicle it's been. It's got 130,000 miles on it know and we plan on keeping it for years.
Can't wait to see the aftermarket parts for this one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey there. I have a beach home in Buena Vista....actually in the area called Spa Buena Vista and have had it for many years. Your gonna love it there. I too am waiting for the 6.2 and probably a white one as it is hot as hell down there. I never was a Ford fan til I bought a couple King Ranches and now I am in love......Might see you sometime. Had my share of Vettes too....Last one is a 07 Vert in Orange....great cars too.

·
Ford Raptor Forum!
1,565 Posts
Awesome story! You are going to have lot's of fun with that truck! Welcome to the best Ford Raptor SVT club forum on the net! Glad you joined our growing family over here! Enjoy the site!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts