F-150 Raptor Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy the truck of my dreams, a Gen 1 Raptor,6.2 V8.
But i have a couple of questions for you:

1. Instead of the F-150 logo it has written LOBO, from the information I found on the net, this means that it was a pickup destined for the Mexican market, but there shouldn't be any other differences compared to the standard F-150 Raptor. Do you confirm?
2. The seller says that the old owner has imported the truck new from Canada and that it is all original, but I have noticed that the exhaust pipes end under the tailgate instead of to the side, as it should be for this generation. Do you have any explanation?

I am attaching some pictures to help you understand better, since I am writing from Italy and I don't speak English perfectly.
Your answers will help me to close this deal or not.
Thank you
Andrè

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really do not know about this one. But, If you have any way to get the VIN number from the seller maybe you can look the truck up. If it checks out as a true raptor from Ford, I can't imagine anything important would be different. Ex. suspension set up or motor. I would bet its just badging and like metric system numbers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really do not know about this one. But, If you have any way to get the VIN number from the seller maybe you can look the truck up. If it checks out as a true raptor from Ford, I can't imagine anything important would be different. Ex. suspension set up or motor. I would bet its just badging and like metric system numbers
Thank you. I have the registration papers of the truck so there should be also the VIN number. But I really have no idea where check if it's a true Raptor or not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is the closest thing I could find to a VIN lookup that's free. I was trying to find somewhere that would show you what dealership it would've come from but I can't. But if it pops up on here with all the info, I feel like that would be a good sign.

VIN Check:

I hope the raptor is a good one(y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the closest thing I could find to a VIN lookup that's free. I was trying to find somewhere that would show you what dealership it would've come from but I can't. But if it pops up on here with all the info, I feel like that would be a good sign.

VIN Check:

I hope the raptor is a good one(y)
Thank you Christian it worked here the result.
I guess that all Raptors are coming from the same factory and some of them will have just a different logo: LOBO for Mexico
F-150 for Usa and Canada.
It says:
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
United States Ford :)

Now I have just to find out why the Raptor has a straight exhaust. Probably it's an aftermarket piece and he forgot to mention it to the dealer. Here in Europe it is very difficult to find a dealer or somebody who has experience with a Raptors. E.g. the dealer told me that LOBO is a special edition which means: long board.

·
Registered
5 Posts

1. Instead of the F-150 logo it has written LOBO, from the information I found on the net, this means that it was a pickup destined for the Mexican market, but there shouldn't be any other differences compared to the standard F-150 Raptor. Do you confirm?
2. The seller says that the old owner has imported the truck new from Canada and that it is all original, but I have noticed that the exhaust pipes end under the tailgate instead of to the side, as it should be for this generation. Do you have any explanation?

I am attaching some pictures to help you understand better, since I am writing from Italy and I don't speak English perfectly.
Thank you
Andrè
View attachment 28831
View attachment 28830

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not sure about the Logo but I own a 2013 with the 6.2 and over 210,000 miles and it is still going strong as hell. You will be so glad you got that blue beauty 👍🏻👍🏻🚚

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thank you
Andrè
View attachment 28831
View attachment 28830

Thank you
Andrè
View attachment 28831
View attachment 28830
I would check the VIN....I live in AZ and go to Mexico several times a year. I've never seen a Raptor with LOBO on the back...only F150's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would check the VIN....I live in AZ and go to Mexico several times a year. I've never seen a Raptor with LOBO on the back...only F150's.
I have checked the VIN on the page suggested by Christian and i have posted the result above. I have done the same also on other free VIN decoders and they confirm that it is a genuine F-150 Raptor made in Dearborn, it is not in the Stolen Vehicle Database and no other reports are available in USA, so probably it is true that the previous owner has imported it new to Europe. It would be nice to know if the Lobos going to Mexico have exactly the same features as the American version or if they have saved on something to make the pickup accessible also for the Mexican market.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not sure about the Logo but I own a 2013 with the 6.2 and over 210,000 miles and it is still going strong as hell. You will be so glad you got that blue beauty 👍🏻👍🏻🚚
The Raptor I would like to buy has approx. 68,000 miles, the odometer is in KM not miles, so to get to 210,000 miles I can still drive it a long time. My only concerns that are holding me back a little are the price and the use of the truck in everyday life here in Italy. Unfortunately, here everything is much smaller compared to your country and my biggest fear is to be stuck one day in some narrow street of a historic center. But I see every day the express couriers (like TNT or DHL) with their big vans go around delivering packages everywhere and I think if they can drive them in those narrow streets why shouldn't I fit there with the Raptor too :)? Concerning the price the Raptor is really a very special case, today 10 years after its release the prices of used trucks are often higher than the price of the new one when it was still in production. Mine has a price of about 45K but on the European market for the same year and mileage, there are Raptors for sale even at 10-15k more. When Ford returns to produce a model with the V8 perhaps the prices will drop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts