F-150 Raptor Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello and that I am looking into learning everything I can about this great truck. Will hopefully buy one in the next year.

I live in Baja California full time, and my all time favorite vehicle, Toyota Land Cruiser is falling apart. The suspension is what attracts me the most as I spend alot of time on pretty bad secondary roads.

I do have one intitial question - has anyone considered conversion of the 5.4 to natural gas? Roush has a kit that applies to the 2008 model and am hoping this kit will work on the 2010.

Thanks for any comments,
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Welcome Tom! Thanks for joining! You are in a prime location to test this truck to the fullest! Lucky Dog!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I haven't read anything about the natural gas conversion but if I do I'll let you know.

On a side note, does anyone know if you will give up hp with a natural gas conversion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Propane power for 5.4L V8

Thanks to all of you for the welcomes! This is going to be a great site as more feedback starts coming in. I am getting ready for my next trip to CA, and hopefully will drive back in a white SVT!

Joe, any info on propane conversion experience would be appreciated. Propane in Mexico is subsidized by government, and is dirt cheap! As far as HP and torque loss here is a quote from the Roush Performance Ford F-150 Propane site:

"ROUSH Performance is pleased to announce the availability of the ROUSH Liquid Propane Injection (LPI) Conversion for 2007 1/2 - 2008 Ford F-150s equipped with the 5.4L V8 engine.

A Ford F-150 equipped with the ROUSH LPI Conversion will not lose any horsepower, torque, or towing capacity, as was the case with many propane conversions of the past. Older kits used to rely on vapor injection, but because the ROUSH technology leaves propane in the liquid state until injection, it's 30% more powerful than the older technology."

Just need to find out out to convert the 2010 5.4L version. If Roush can't do it perhaps someone else has a kit.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Thanks to all of you for the welcomes! This is going to be a great site as more feedback starts coming in. I am getting ready for my next trip to CA, and hopefully will drive back in a white SVT!
....................... :smileup: ........................... Nice color choice!!! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts